74

-Herb POV
We were in the car on the way back home and I looked over at Jayda who was looking down at her feet .
"Don't say anything Herb. I know."
"I wasn't about to.."
"I know you better than that. You love proving people wrong.."
"I wasn't gon say nothin Jayda." She sighed and put her ear buds in. She's been distant lately and I think it's because she thought the baby was mine and now that she knows it isn't..she might be confused? But also relieved.. I hope this can help us get over this lil obstacle we going through.

We pulled up to the house and got it. Right when we walked in Lani ran up to us . I picked her up and gave her a kiss "hi mamas"

she smiled and laid her head down on my shoulder. Jayda went to go sit down on the couch.
"Jayda you okay?" Maya said
Jayda looked up and gave a weak smile
"Yea I'm fine.."
Maya looked at me and made a face that I needed to talk to her. I gave Lani to maya and went to sit down by Jayda.

"Baby what's wrong?"
"I'm sorry for not trusting you..I was just so scared that I'd be caught looking stupid again."
"I know Jay..and I'm sorry for putting you through that."
"It's fine..I just don't wanna lose you."
"Huh? Jayda you not gon lose me..."
"Promise?"
"I promise baby. I love you."
"I love you too Herb. I really do." She smiled and gave me a hug..I'm never gon make her look stupid again.