Part 8

Michael DeAngelo's POV.
Day 1, mid-day

I sat next to the brown-haired girl. Everyone was just sitting in silence with what I assumed was their bad thoughts. It has been about 10 minutes of just us and silence.

Then abruptly the girl next to me stood up and raced to the red-haired girl's side and wrapped her arms around her. The girl obviously held her close and I couldn't help but swallow my pride. I wished the brown-haired girl hugged me. I need one right now.

"Do you know each other..?" The one guy who I kicked his seat back on the... you know... said.

"Kinda." The red-haired girl said. The guy just shrugged and looked back on the water.

How is he not freaking out right now?? How come I'm not! Nor is anyone else!?

I stood up very fast and felt myself wobble and get dizzy.

"Maybe you should sit down—" the red-haired girl said. But I stopped her. "No! Why are we out here!" I screamed. Everyone was looking at me now.

"Hey. Hey. Hey." The guy said coming over to me and sitting me down calmly.

"We need to survive. In order to survive, we need to try not to lose our minds. We also need water and to treat our wounds. I know we are all tired, but we need to work together in order to get out of this alive." He said.

Everyone was quiet for sometime before we all nodded and agreed.

I sat down slowly. And agreed along with them.

We need to survive.

We can't go crazy.

•••

Lucas McMillan's POV.
Day 1, mid-day

I need to make sure no one loses their minds. Especially me.

In order to do that we need to be occupied at all times. And even if we are not, we need to have things to hold us accountable in case it rains or storms or anything really.

"Ok. We should know everyone's names. That way we can stop referring to people by their hair color. Because that's what I'm doing, I don't know about you all." I said loud and clear to hopefully distract us.

"Okay." the red-haired girl said.

"I agree." Said the little girl with brown hair.

The man with the white beard just grunted and looked away from everyone.

The little boy with blonde curly hair just nodded.

See what I mean with the hair color thing...

"I'm Meghan," Red-head said knocking me out of my thoughts.

"I'm Lucas."

"Darcy." The girl piped in.

"Michael..." He mumbled.

We all turned to snow beard. "What's your name?" I heard Meghan ask politely.

He just glared and looked away. We all stayed quiet for a few seconds then he answered us.

"Edmond Bailey."

•••

Meghan Polinsky's POV.
Day 1, afternoon

"Lucas?" I said after looking at him for some time.

"Yeah?" He resounded somewhat happily. I didn't know how he was still happy in this situation, but I knew a trait like that would help us all.