Part 20

Darcy Allen's POV.
Day 13, Morning

"Island!"

Edmond yelled and pointed North. We all fell silent and snapped our heads in that direction. Upon looking there I saw a tip of green. Seeing this made my heart stop. The thunder in the sky soon turned into the sounds of my rapid heartbeat.

My eyes narrowed in on the small chunk of green fuzz. The rain poured down so hard it hurt my skin. My wet hair covered my eyes but I could still see.

A shadow cast over us and everyone one looked up but me. I was too transfixed on the island.

My senses came back when I heard screams. The raft officially popped and we started sinking faster than before. The shadow got darker and that was when I finally looked up but it was too late. The wave crashed down hard enough knocking me out cold.

I felt the water drag me off and away from the raft. I tried to scream but I couldn't move. I couldn't even make a sound. So I welcomed the black I was surrounded in. Usually, I was afraid of the dark. But now, being on this raft I was afraid of everything. I just wouldn't show it. Also, god, do me a favor and kill me already. I'm six and a half and smarter than a fifth-grader. If I can handle this, I can handle death.

•••
Meghan Polinsky's POV.
Day 14, Afternoon

I felt my body gain consciousness. I felt hot. And as soon as I opened my eyes I regretted it immediately.

One eye was swollen shut and I couldn't see anything out of it. But when I opened my other eye sand fell out.

Sand?

With my one good eye, I looked around me. I was sprawled out on the ground. The sweet, sweet ground of this island!

I was on land!

I sat up and kissed the ground getting sand in my mouth. But I didn't care. I dug my hands in the soft ground and picked up fistfuls of sand and poured it on my bloody legs. Yep, bloody.

I grabbed another fistful and threw it in the air with barely any strength.

"Look who finally woke up." I heard Edmond's voice and jolted up to my feet. "Edmond!" I tried to yell but it came out halfway before my voice broke. I felt a sharp pain in my leg and immediately dropped back to my knees.

"Edmond," I said again. I looked at him and his pant leg was torn down the side and he looked scary with the blood dripping down his forehead and onto the sand. He opened his mouth to speak but stopped when blood poured out. He weakly brought his hand to his mouth and wiped it away before speaking.

"Meghan... Lucas, Darcy and Michael..." he started and I felt my heartbreak. His tone sounded horrible. I didn't want to hear what he had to say but I needed to know that they were all safe. Alive. Near us. Anything!

"They are... gone Meghan... they didn't come out from the water." He said sounding sad himself.

No.

No.

No, they are not dead. They can't be dead! That's not supposed to happen. I felt unwelcome tears fill my eyes. I crawled to Edmond and did the most unexpected thing. I cried in his arms.

"Meghan they are dead," Edmond whispered. "No!! They are not your lying!!" I screamed my voice hoarse.

But I couldn't help but hear the intense emotion and pain he held in his hard voice.

•••

It was dark before Edmond and I both fell asleep. Well, Edmond did I just laid there. I laid there with my broken heart breaking even more with myself being alone in my wretched thoughts. Lucas... was dead. I couldn't even think his name without the tears soaking my skin. I really started to think I loved him. And that maybe, just maybe... he loved me back.