Part 16

Meghan Polinsky's POV.
Day 5, late night

Stop thinking like that Meghan. But if I had an option to surrender to Lucas... would I?

What made this worse was I think I would. I felt something for him. Something I never felt for Nico. I could only imagine how horrible he'd feel right now though. Thinking his girlfriend was dead in a plane crash. I don't think my assumed love for him would let me cheat on him while he thinks I'm dead. I don't think I could do that to someone as a human being. It was just so wrong.

"Lucas I don't think... not yet at least," I said barely forming words with his proximity. He was still in between my legs and I couldn't think straight seeing his eyes sparkle in the moonlight. "Has your boyfriend ever treated you right?" Lucas said seriously.

"What do you mean?" I questioned trying not to look at him directly.

"If you were mine. I'd treat you so well. Not just in bed but I would love you with every fiber of my being and I would take care of you. I'd give myself to you completely." Lucas was sincere. No one has ever made me feel this way. Nico never said things like this to me. He often ignores me when I'd try to fish a compliment from him. And when I get off this raft. I know I want to have Lucas still in my life. Boyfriend or not. I won't leave him, he means to much to me.

Completely forgetting about Nico, I brought my hands up to his jaw and lightly traced my finger along his sharp line. We were inches away and he sat in between my legs staring intently into my eyes.

"I really like you, Meghan. And I don't want to get in the way of you and your boyfriend if you really care for him. But just know, you mean everything to me and I won't just willingly stop fighting for you, even if we are stranded on a raft in the middle of nowhere with a crazy old man and two little kids we don't know how to take care of. I want you. And call me selfish but I won't stop until I get what I want." Lucas breathed.

His confessions brought butterflies to my stomach and my heart welled up in my chest. What was this boy doing to me? As I held his face in my hands I pulled him close enough to wear our lips were touching again and whispered. "I don't want to think about my boyfriend anymore. You're right he treated me badly. I haven't realized that until I met you. Yes, it's only been a few days but I feel a connection to you I can't quite decipher. Believe me, I want you to. But it's hard. I can't just be with you while my boyfriend sits probably alone at home thinking I'm dead. That seems too wrong to do to someone. But I want you so much. Believe me, you have no idea." As I was saying this I still brought him closer. Thinking of Nico, my body aches harder for Lucas. The more I talked about Nico, the more I pulled Lucas closer for comfort. Lucas made me feel. Nico didn't.

My choice was obvious about who I wanted. But Nico was holding me back. My thoughts roamed to Taylor. She always hated him. She claimed he's cheated on me many times but I never believed her. I thought Nico was better than that. That's what I thought.

He'd always ditch me before a date. He'd always flirt with other women. Especially in front of me. How could I be so stupid? Suddenly it dawned on me.

My boyfriend was a filthy, lying, cheating and disgusting excuse of a man.

Wasting no time, all thoughts of Nico flew out the window and were replaced with Lucas. My Lucas. I grabbed onto his brown hair and pulled him to me. Our lips connected and he wasted no time responding.

Our lips moved perfectly together. It was a gentle kiss, it wasn't rough but it showed how much it meant to us. We were careful as the kiss left a giddy feeling in my heart. I knew I wanted this.

Proceeding to pull him impossibly closer, he flipped us around so I sat atop of him not even breaking our kiss. Our chests were pressed together and his arms wrapped around me tightly, protectively. I felt at home in his arms. I felt warm and safe.