Part 40

Lucas McMillan's POV.
Day 26, sunrise

We stare at each other unmoving.

Why the fuck does she have a gun? Does she even live here? Why am I not scared at-fucking-all?

"Uh...hi?" I say scratching the back of my neck. I awkwardly step out towards her and put my hand out. "Lucas." I try to politely introduce myself but the woman in front of me just stares at my hand with a raised brow.

"Rosa." She says crossing her arms across her chest ignoring my out stretched hand.

We fall into another silence and I shift on my feet. I'm about to speak but she beats me to it. "Why are you here? What happened to the red head bimbo?" She asks rudely. Hearing Meghan be called such a name makes my blood pressure rise. A tick in my jaw shows how mad that makes me. I take in a steady breath. Don't be rude to the possible host of the house your staying in.

I ignore her question and ask one of my own. "Is this your house." I ask but it's sounds more of like a demand.

"It's not really my house, but in a way yes." She says smirking. She takes a few more steps until she's in front of me. "Now back to my question." She says slyly putting a finger on my chest and pushing me back a little. "Why are you here." She repeats coldly.

"Well it's sort of an interesting story per say..." I wince just at the thought. But apparently she already knows the story because she tells me what she knows of Meghan's. "I'm assuming yours is quite similar no?"

"Yes... how'd you know Meghan's story? She's never spoken of you before." I state and Rosa answers. "Darren told me everything I needed to know before my arrival, he always does."

I'm quiet at this information. It gives me an odd feeling. Like I shouldn't be knowing this. Rosa backs up a little and then leaves the room then coming back in with a few more brown paper bags. "Well, you should get out, I have some people coming in a few hours to meet and I need to prepare." She says shooing me to the doorway.

But I ground my feet into the floor of the doorway to ask my final question. "Why do you have a gun with you?"

"Because I woke up this morning in the United States." She smiles before pushing me again. I don't want to pry but fuck kindness and considerism. "But why do you-"  I try to ask again but here she is.

"Maybe my gun just has severe separation issues."

"But-"

"Wait. Are you saying I should carry two guns." She chuckles at her own humor.

"No so-"

"Leverage."

"This isn't-" I start again like the annoying asswipe I am, but Rosa has more control of the situation so I'm interrupted for the umpteenth time.

"Look looney tune it's too early for this shit and I have work to get done that doesn't involve you. Out you go! don't trip over your ego on the way out!" And with that being said she slammed the kitchen door in my face.

Nice.

"Bitch." I mumble. I turn on my heel and slug my way up the steps. I get back to the room and get back in with Meghan. Thank god, I literally can't be away for more than a few minutes.

When I wrap my arm around her I feel her shake slightly. I furrow my eyebrows and turn her around to face me. It's only then I notice she is crying. She looks up at me with glossy eyes and a tear slips out and absorbs into the pillow. If you heard that loud shatter it was my heart breaking.