Part 10

Meghan Polinsky's POV.
Day 2, early morning

I woke up confused. But it didn't take me long before I come to my senses. Still on the raft.

I felt something around my arms. I looked down and saw a sleeping Michael. And upon looking up I saw Lucas. But something was off. He was in the same position as the last time I saw him. Still sitting far away and looking out at the water. He looked like he didn't sleep a wink.

I felt like I wanted to go over to him and move the hair from his eyes and comfort him. I can only imagine how bad it is for everyone else. This situation we are all in is brutal.

I felt my legs close together tightly. And had a horrible realization. I had to pee. Really bad. But how the hell would I?!

Slowly sitting up and panicking slightly. No that's an understatement. I was full-on panic mode. There were two little kids, An old man, a guy around my age who wasn't Nico, not that he'd watch me pee... oh my god shut up Meghan. But that's not my point, I didn't want people to watch me pee...

I lifted Michael in my arms and tried to lift him up. But I couldn't, I was weak before I got on the plane and now I was even weaker after surviving a life-threatening crash.

Lucas quickly turned to us upon hearing my movements. He noticed I couldn't lift him up and crawled over to me and effortlessly picked his sleeping body up and into his arms. I pointed to Darcy and Lucas placed him beside her.

I watched as Lucas moved back to his spot as if nothing happened.

I wanted to be around him and being trapped on a raft still didn't suffice for me in some weird twisted reason.

God. I'm ridiculous. I thought while suddenly crawling my way to him. The movement of the raft flowing along the water and my body trying to get me across the raft to the other side made my whole body almost topple over.

Well not almost topple over, I did. I fell onto my side like a clumsy idiot. Lucas's strong hands pulled me up and I sat like a lifeless doll in front of him. He gave me yet another blank stare then turned, once again, to the water as if it was actually entertaining him. I felt frustrated as I huffed loudly to get his attention.

He turned to me still with his bone-chilling stare. It was a cold stare but I still found my safety in it oddly enough. I stared at him blankly getting lost, forgetting why I came over here. I sat there as the raft slowly rocked back and forth.

"Need anything?" Lucas said seriously. Then I remembered I had to pee. How on earth do I even remotely explain this to him?

"I have to... well so you know how like... sometimes.. so actually the thing is..." I rambled on turning redder by the second. Lucas just raised a brow confused.

"I need to pee," I grit out looking away.

"So go pee." He said shrugging.

"Well, how am I supposed to on a raft with little kids and an old man and even on top of that with you here. Awake." I said emphasizing the 'awake' to make sure he got my point.

"I don't think I understand." He said smugly.

"I don't want people to see me. And I don't know what to do." I admitted honestly embarrassed.

"So take your clothes off and jump in the water." He said with such nonchalant-ness it hurt my pride.

"Well I don't want to— oh actually that's not a bad idea..." I say throwing my hands in the air with feeling my head spin.

"You better do it quickly before they wake up." He said.

"Don't look," I warned before steadying myself then standing up slowly.