Part 26

Meghan Polinsky's POV.
Day 19, Night

I held onto Lucas harder. As if I never could let go. God, I loved this man so much.

"Ahem!" The sounds of someone's voice broke me out of my love trance.

I snapped my head in the direction to see Darcy waiting with her arms open. "Darcy!!" I yelled pulling away from Lucas and running to her. Just before I reached her I heard Lucas's groan in protest but ignored it. For now. I ran to Darcy and tackled her in a hug too. "Darcy I missed you so much," I said feeling the tears come back. When I heard her sniffle I broke.

We were both standing there crying in one another's arms. "Meghan you smell horrible but I missed you!" She said and I laughed at this.

"Where's Michael?" I said excitedly. Darcy pulled away and pointed to him. I pulled Darcy with me and hugged Michael so she would stay close.

"Lucas come here," I said wiping my eyes and hugging Michael who weakly hugged me back. "Lucas?" I said looking up.

Lucas was nowhere to be seen. I stood up with a sudden panic and looked around. "W-where is he?" I said grabbing Darcy's little hand and Michaels as well.

Darcy was quiet when she let go and pointed. "Is that Edmond?" She asked softly.

My whole body shot up and I froze. I totally just abandoned Edmond.

"Oh my god..." I said before pulling them with me into a fast walk towards Lucas who had Edmond's arm around his shoulder.

One good thing happens and then it's ruined!

"Edmond?" I said walking up to them briskly. "Edmond, what happened?" I said trying to get his attention. Edmond's head shot up and he gave me a death stare. "You left me!" He accused.

My eyebrows twisted in confusion. "You told me too!!" I said now fuming. "God. Remind me of how I made two whole days with you!" I said throwing my hands up in the air.

Edmond groaned and pushed Lucas off him angrily than advanced towards me. I saw the pure anger in his eyes. "E-Edmond?" I stuttered in sudden fear. I took a few steps backward. What was his fucking problem now?!

Lucas quickly pushed me back and grabbed Edmond. I heard a screech from Darcy, who sure enough covered her ears. I watched Michael squirm from the uncomfortableness of this situation.

"Edmond. Seriously not now." Lucas deadpanned grabbing his shoulder firmly. Edmond froze and glared daggers at Lucas. "Let's go to sleep," Lucas said letting go of Edmond and putting his arm around my waist. This very intimate action made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. It also made me feel very safe. I grabbed Darcy's hand and watched happily as Michael walked ahead of us.

I looked over at Edmond who stopped walking and clutched his heart as if he was in pain. I stopped walking at watched him closely. "Edmond... you okay?" I asked despite what horrible things he said to me. "No bitch— I mean— what does it look like?" He said. I rolled my eyes at his attempt to be polite. "Right... sorry I asked," I said still annoyed. I caught Lucas's eye who looked angry again. I shook my head at him to dismiss the situation.

We found the base of a tree by the sand.  And Darcy sleepily laid down. She yawned and patted the spot next to her for Michael, who accepted. Darcy wrapped an arm around him tightly smiling in her sleep, just to make Michael more uncomfortable than ever. I chuckled and helped Edmond get down to the ground who ended up just slapping my hand away. I ignored his childlike behavior. I went over to Lucas who smiled up at me with a look in his eyes that showed how happy he was. His blue eyes made my heart swim. Everything about him made me fall in love more and more. Just looking at him made my bad mood good.