Part 18

Meghan Polinsky's POV.
Day 9, Early afternoon

A few more days went on after me and Lucas's... fight.

It hurt my heart whenever I thought about it. I've been ignoring him for what seems like days now, but it's only been two. Lucas said some really shitty things. What he didn't know was that I was having a dream about Nico letting me go. But before I woke up, it ended with me getting to be with Lucas. I thought of it as a sign. A good sign. But then Lucas had to say those things...

Surely Lucas was trapped on this raft with me and avoiding and ignoring him was quite hard. And considering he tried to talk to me every second of the fucking day.

We ate all the albatross and were down to the last chunk, which we decided to save for bait.

Everyone was awake and with no energy once again, we were back to skinny, sleepy and hungry. Don't forget lots of pain.

But as of currently, we laid in the sun that was slowly burning our itchy skin.

•••

My throat felt dryer than the fucking desert. We didn't move as this was slowly getting to be unbearable.

We were on the border of insanity. Or I was at least.

I gave up on the idea of checking people's wounds. I don't think I could take it. What hurts the most was the fact that I didn't know what would happen when I get back home.

Would I quit my job? I don't think I could ever handle blood again.

Suddenly my body jerked forward. My heart race complied and picked up at an abnormally fast pace.

"What the fuck?!" Lucas yelled. I watched as he lurched forward too landing on all fours. Darcy was scrambled in the middle on her stomach and Michael got dangerously close to the edge. Edmond shifted slightly and held onto the raft for support.

It happened again but harder this time and everyone went up and landed down in a new spot. Michael screams and waved his arms around. He dipped backward over the edge and almost fell in but I quickly grabbed his ankle and pulled him back in. The tips of his hair were the only things wet.

"That was close." Michael breathed. "What was that?" Darcy asked alarmed.

"No clue," I said and as if on command, it happened again. I landed on Lucas and Darcy landed on top of us. I felt the air being knocked out of my lungs.

My face was literally in Lucas's crotch. I jumped off with Darcy almost immediately. Thankfully no one seemed to notice though.

"You okay?" Lucas asked worriedly. He said it to everyone but his eyes never left mine, leaving an unsettling feeling in my stomach.

"Yes." Everyone replied but me.

"Did anyone—" I started but I was forced forward and almost face-planted into the yellow rubber.

Edmond started to say something but we all ignored him. We all talked over him about what it could be. I have a feeling of what it could be... but I don't want to admit it.

"Did anyone hear me?!" Edmond shouted, silencing all of us at once.

"What?" We all asked and the raft rocked back and forth from all of the sudden and violent hits.

"Shark!!" Edmond yelled with something catching his eye in the distance. He pointed and we all turned.

Sure enough, shark fins stuck out of the water like some sick nightmare. "No!!" Darcy cried and started shaking. "We're going to die!!" Michael hollered.