thirteen.

@mayahijazi: not to be dramatic or anything, but my second album comes out at midnight. time to be sappy. i've only been doing this for about 2 years now, but i have never felt more included and inspired. my mental health is the best it's ever been, and i'm married to the love of my life. i started writing this album once i found out that i was going to be a mom. this album includes songs that are about love, mental health, and even, kids. it truly does tell a story. this album, i've poured my heart and soul into and i feel so lucky to be able to use my platform for the good. thank u all for the support that u give me, the love, and the dedication. this is for u. enjoy x

I post on Instagram.

It was currently 11:45PM and all of us girls have been sober, mainly because I'm an ex-addict and we're around underage fans.

"How are you guys doing?!" I exclaim into the mic.

The crowd cheers and I smile widely.

"I'm so thankful that you guys could be here tonight, I know it was really hard to get tickets, but that was because I wanted to do a smaller show. I want to be able to meet each and every one of you, and so that's what I'll be doing tonight," I add.

More cheers erupt, causing me to pause until I finish what I'm going to say.

"Adding onto that, all of you guys will be getting free merch, along with your own signed copy of the album, your choice of a CD or vinyl, and free food and drinks for the rest of the night. So the plan is, after we're done listening to the album, which should be around 12:30, we'll start the meet and greet, and when you guys meet me, you'll tell me which song you want me to play live after the meet and greet, and the majority rules," I explain.

"Now that it's midnight, let's listen to this album! I also got super sappy on my most recent Instagram post, so go check that out if you wanna read a 26 year old mom be sappy," I add, walking off to the side of the stage, and walking down the steps.

The first song on the album, titled, Would I?, began to play and tears weld in my eyes as my stomach fills with butterflies.

This song is about my sobriety, and my suicidal thoughts.

Pregnancy was hard for me.

It drained me, mentally and emotionally, and there was genuinely so much pressure to write this album.

My label was tired of not making money off of me for a while, so they told me that if I didn't finish the album by the time my kids were born, then they'd drop me from the label.

So, I was terrified.

I finished it within a few months, around the end of the second trimester was when it finally got finished, and I began recording.

So, here we are.

My fans, my friends, and me.

What else could I possibly need?

Besides my husband and kids, obviously.

Maybe some shrimp? Who knows?