eighteen.

"What the hell was that?!" I yell at Zane, as soon as we get home.

I enrolled Connor and Mia into daycare, because Zane and I are both incredibly busy during the day.

"What're you talking about?!" He yells back.

"I fucking heard you talking to Jeff about how you wanted to fuck your ex, Zane! What do you mean, what am I talking about?!" I yell, again.

"We were talking about Gabbie, M! " He yells, and soon after, his face drops, knowing he made it worse.

"And why the fuck were you talking about Gabbie, huh?! Were you just talking about her new album?! Or her new house?! Or her new fiance, maybe that's it!?" I scream.

"No, babe! We-" He begins to tell back, until I cut him off.

"Don't you DARE call me babe right now." I snap.

"We were talking about her most recent Instagram post," He call says, after taking a deep breath.

"If I go to her Instagram, and see something that I shouldn't have to imagine my husband talking about with his guy friend, then you're sleeping on the fucking couch for the next 5 years." I respond.

I pull out my phone and go to her Instagram, looking at her most recent Instagram post.

@gabbiehanna: the life that I dreamt of is definitely not the life that I have, it's better

@gabbiehanna: the life that I dreamt of is definitely not the life that I have, it's better. Surprise, I'm having a kid soon.

"Okay, she's pregnant. Congratulations to her and her fiance. But why do you care and why did you say that you wanted to have sex with her?" I ask.

"Because I will always care about Gabbie.. She's done a lot for me, and that's not to say that you haven't.. But she's my first love, and although it sucks that it wasn't you, you're my forever love, which means so much more to me than some stupid first love. And I didn't say that I wanted to sex with her, and neither did Jeff.. Jeff said that about you,"

"So?! What did you say to make him say that, and did you defend me?!" I ask, feeling pretty uncomfortable.

"I was talking about you, everything that I love about you, and I said that you were great, literally the best I've ever had in bed, and he said it, and.. No, I-, I didn't know what to say, I don't want to be that overprotective to the point that it's annoying and clingy kind of husband," Zane replies.

"I cannot believe you. Defending your wife, by telling your friend to stop saying comments that make her uncomfortable is NOT being clingy or overprotective. It's called being a fucking good significant other." I snap.

Neither of us say anything for a moment, we just look at each other briefly.

"I need to go get the kids, it's almost 6. I'll be back soon." Zane says, breaking the silence.

"Bye." I reply.

He goes in for a kiss, but I move my head so he kisses my cheek.

"I love you," He says.

"I'll see you when you get back." I reply, dryly, and go to sit on the couch.

Something in me feels wrong for doing that.

But I ignore that feeling, and turn on the TV.

He walks out of the house, and I take a deep breath.

Finally, peace and quiet, for a little bit.