Chapter 2

The next day, Taehyung was walking laggardly on the way to his homeroom. He did not sleep well the night before because of Roseanne. He was not sure how he should act around her this time around. Even though they’d never met before, he and the rest of the boys knew how much Jimin cherished his younger sister. They knew how worried he can get when something happens to her.

One time, during middle school, the whole of BTS were gathered around the practice room having a meeting about their group’s participation in the upcoming school festival. In the middle of the meeting, Jimin received a message from his mother saying that his sister got off early from school that day because of some emergency meeting that all their teachers were attending. He excused himself from the meeting to make a call to his sister. They were talking for a short while over the phone when Jimin screamed, “Chaeyoung!! What’s wrong?” He looked at them and mouthed, “Got to go!!” While frantically packing his things inside his duffel bag, he was whispering through the phone, “Chaeng, stop crying, will you? I’m coming.”

The day after that, they learned that his sister was in the middle of watching a funny video online when a scary video appeared out of nowhere. She was scared out of her wits and was crying the whole time until Jimin got home to comfort her. That was the first time Jimin talked to them about his sister and her heart condition.

After realizing the things that he and Roseanne had done together during summer, Taehyung got more worried. Surely nothing bad happened to her, but they were playing around a lot almost every day back then. Thinking about the times they spent together, he remembered those times when he noticed her getting out of breath after moving a lot. At that time, he only thought that she was just simply tired. If he knew about her condition, he wouldn’t have allowed her to do most of the things that they did then. He was still worrying about her when he got interrupted.

“Oppa!”

He was surprised by her sudden appearance. She was standing shyly before him with her head bowed while fidgeting her fingers together. He was taken aback when she suddenly looked up at him.

“Taehyung-oppa! Can you still remember me?”

Of course, how could I forget? He wanted to tell her that but he held his tongue instead.

Worry started to cloud her eyes as she pouted at him. “I, uh, I’m Roseanne. Remember? We met last summer. Oppa, how dare you forget about me? We last saw each other just two weeks ago.” Her eyes were slowly brimming with tears.

Stupid, Taehyung! What are you doing? “No, Roseanne. It’s not like that. I’m sorry. Of course, I remember you.” He saw her brighten up. “I was just, um . . . How do I put it? Uh . . . I was just really worried about you. How could you hide that from me?”

Oblivious to what he was referring to, she asked, “Hide what?”

“About . . . uh . . . you know . . .” He could not say it outright, so he pointed to her heart instead.

“Oh! Well . . . I didn’t think it was necessary.”

“What?! Of course, it was necessary.” He didn’t know why but he was starting to feel furious. “How can you say it like that? If something happened to you, I would have been the one to blame.”

“Don’t worry about it. I’m all fine. Nothing happened to me. See? I’m perfectly fine.” She happily swayed her body from side to side in front of him. “Actually, I just had my checkup last week and the doctor said the same. She said that nothing’s wrong with me, I’m good.” She said proudly with a grin on her face.

“Still . . . You should have told me!” He snarled.

She took a step back. “Oppa . . . what are you being so mad about? I’m f-fine.”