Chapter 13

It had been two days since Roseanne got hospitalized. She was sleeping when the knocking on the door woke her up. She realized that no one was around to answer to it, so she just called to the person at the other side of the door, “Please, come in. I’m sure that’s not locked.”

When her guest came in, Roseanne was left speechless.

“Hi, baby.” Chanyeol greeted her. He walked to her bedside and gave her the flowers that he brought for her. “Baby, I got so worried when I learned about what happened to you. How are you feeling right now? Does your arm hurt? Oh baby! You should have been careful.”

“I, uh . . . My arm still hurts a bit and I’m still adjusting myself into using just one hand. It’s a good thing . . . I mean, it’s not really that good because it hurts and it’s uncomfortable. But at least it’s my right arm that got fractured. It would have been more difficult for me if I hurt my left arm.”

“Oh! Yeah, it’s a good thing that you’re a lefty.” Then he took a seat on her bed and gently grabbed her left hand. “I miss you so much, baby. Can I hug you? I promise not to crush your arm. I’ll be careful.”

“Of course, baby. I missed you too.”

While they were hugging each other, Roseanne couldn’t get any comfort from the gesture. Instead, she was being puzzled by the thoughts that were running through her head at the moment.

But I need to know. Whose scarf was that? Yes, I love baby pink. But I don’t own a scarf like that. And though you don’t mind wearing pink, I’m sure that wasn’t yours. Baby, why did you have that scarf on your bedside table last time we had a video call? Oh Chanyeol, tell me I’m just overthinking right now.

They were still hugging each other when they got interrupted.

Roseanne lightly pushed Chanyeol away.

“O-oppa! Where have you been?” Roseanne asked Jimin. Then she briefly glanced at Taehyung who was standing behind Jimin.

“We went out to buy some food. We were actually worried and tried to get back as soon as we can because we thought you’re by yourself here. But I guess it didn’t matter since you got company.”

“It’s not like that, Oppa. A-actually, he just got here. So uh . . .”

What am I doing? Why do I feel the need to explain? Chanyeol is my boyfriend. So there’s nothing wrong about him paying a visit. And that was just a hug, it’s natural for couples to hug. But why do I feel like I was caught red-handed? Is it because of Taehyung? Nooo! It couldn’t be. What is he doing here anyway? Did he see me and Chanyeol hugging earlier? Ugh! Why am I even worried about that?

“Chaeng!!!” Jimin shouted.

Roseanne shockingly looked at Jimin’s direction.

“I’ve been calling your attention but it looked like you zoned out on us. Is there something bothering you?”

“Oh, really? I’m so sorry, Oppa. I just woke up so maybe I’m still a bit out of myself.”

“Are you sure you’re fine?”

“Of course. You always worry too much.”

“You know I can’t help it.”

“I know. That’s why I’m so grateful to have you as my big brother.”

“Of course, I’m the only one you have.”

“Exactly.”

“Pfft! Here. We brought snacks. Eat this with your guest.”