Chapter 39

Taehyung was enjoying Roseanne’s affection but he was having a hard time at the same time. He held on to both sides of her waist. His grip tightening the more he was putting more effort in calming himself down.

He grabbed her shoulders and gently pushed her away.

“What?” She asked, looking confused at his indirect rejection.

“It’s uh . . .” He tried to explain before he got interrupted.

She pouted her lips, “You don’t like it?”

“What?! No!! I mean . . .”

She smirked at his flustered reaction.

He rubbed the back of his neck in embarrassment.

“I mean . . . how could I not? Of course, I like it. I like it too much it’s kind of . . .”

“Oh my God!” She yelped in surprise, putting a finger in her mouth.

She looked at him with wide accusing eyes.

“Don’t like at me like that! It’s your fault in the first place.” He answered with his face reddening in humiliation.

She tried to get up but he held her down.

“Hon . . .” He groaned. “Don’t move away. That might spring up. And I think I’ve had enough embarrassment for today.”

Roseanne felt her face heating up in embarrassment and nervousness. So she quickly covered her face with both of her hands, afraid of facing Taehyung.

“Why are you covering your face? Can’t handle your own mischief now, huh?” He exclaimed in a teasing manner.

“Shut up! I didn’t realize my actions, okay? I’m sorry.” She cried, her voice muffled by her hands still covering her face.

“Don’t be.” He chuckled before continuing with his husky deep voice. “But I’m actually wondering what we should do about this situation we have here.”

She snapped her head up, her eyes bulging off the socket and her mouth fell open.

She gulped before whispering, “What do you mean?”

“I mean . . .” He whispered directly to her ears. “I might need a hand, literally.”

Before she can react, the sound of the door being shut caught their attention.

She abruptly stood up in surprise at the unexpected visitor. She faced the direction of the door, anxiously waiting for the person to appear. While he immediately got a throw pillow and put it over his lap.

“OPPA!” Roseanne nervously called.

“Aist!” Taehyung hissed, not caring to look at Jimin.

“What are you doing here?” Jimin asked, looking directly at Taehyung.

Without answering, Taehyung frustratingly got up from the couch while still holding the pillow as cover. Then he dashed towards Roseanne’s bedroom and locked himself inside.

Jimin was stunned at Taehyung’s odd behavior. While Roseanne was worried at Taehyung’s current dilemma and Jimin’s untimely visit.

“What’s wrong with him?” Jimin asked.

Roseanne gulped a lump in her throat before answering. “I, uh . . . I’m not s-sure. We, uh, we were, uh, t-talking about something when you came.”

“What were you talking about?”

“Actually . . . we just had a big misunderstanding . . .”