Chapter 51

Roseanne was devastated when Taehyung left without a word. She told Jimin everything that happened to her that day. And she miserably cried her heart out until she fell asleep in Jimin’s arms.

After hearing Roseanne’s side of the story, Jimin knew that it was impossible for him to sleep without hearing Taehyung’s explanation. So Jimin barged into Taehyung’s apartment without telling Taehyung beforehand. And he was greeted with a drunken Taehyung who was slouching on his couch with cans of beer all over the table in front of him.

Jimin managed to let Taehyung explain everything that happened that day without revealing that he knew what happened to his sister. And it was not easy but he eventually matched all the pieces of the puzzle.

When Jimin knew what truly happened between Taehyung and Roseanne he realized that he was not supposed to get involved no matter how much he wanted to. The problem was only between Roseanne and Taehyung so he shouldn’t meddle with them. He knew that what Roseanne and Taehyung were going through right now was only part of the trials in their relationship. So he let the two figured things out by themselves.

In the morning the next day, Jimin was awakened by Roseanne shaking him to get up. She was crying as she begged him to drive her to Taehyung’s apartment. Her hands were shaking as she showed him her phone.

Tae-Tae 💕
I think we need space.

Jimin frowned after reading Taehyung’s text.

Then he softly said, “Chaeng . . .”

“Oppa! This . . .”

“Sssshhh!” Jimin engulfed his sister in his embrace and whispered his next words to her. “Maybe Taehyung’s right, you should give each other some space for the time being.”

“No. We need to talk. I’m sure there has to be some explanation to what I saw in his office yesterday. And I’m starting to feel like I made another mistake of not completely trusting him once again. What if he’s gotten tired of me? Oppa, I cannot allow that.” Roseanne said in between sobs.

Jimin felt his own heart broke upon seeing his sister’s glum appearance. He tightened his embrace around her and started stroking her hair to give her comfort.

“If you’re worried about Taehyung leaving you, don’t. That’s not happening ever.”

“But . . .”

“No buts.” Jimin said before getting up and pulling Roseanne with him. Then he grabbed Roseanne’s phone from her hand and turned it off.

“Wait! Why did you . . .”

“Trust me on this.”

At the same time in Taehyung’s apartment, Taehyung had just woken up. He groaned from the pounding pain in his head. He was in no doubt suffering from extreme hangover. Then he got up from his bed with a bewildered expression on his face.

“How did I get here?” He whispered to himself as he tried to recall what happened last night after he came to his apartment. The last thing he remembered was him drowning himself with alcohol in the living room. But he brushed it off thinking that he did it by himself.

He groggily walked out of his bedroom only to stop at the sight of his living room. Cans of beer were scattered everywhere and the pillows on his couch were disarranged with some of it lying on the floor. He exhaled sharply as he dragged himself to the kitchen. He drank a glass of water and grabbed a trash bag before going back to the living room.

He crouched down to put all the empty cans inside the trash bag. While doing so, he kept on berating himself for getting wasted the night before. And he was in the middle of cleaning up when he found his phone lying under one of the cans. He picked it up and decided to check it first.