Chapter 6

Three weeks before their exam week, Roseanne had been frequently visiting the library after class. Sometimes she came with her friends but she was mostly by herself.

When Taehyung heard about it from Jimin, he came up with a plan. Since he always went home together with Jimin and Jungkook, he made up excuses to stay behind so that he can spend time with Roseanne without them knowing. Also, just to be safe, he did not approach Roseanne for all the times he came to the library to see her. He was afraid Jimin will hear about it from Roseanne and will start to suspect him.

He had been doing it for two weeks, he came up with different excuses for him not to go home with Jimin and Jungkook. Of course he didn’t do it every day in those two weeks. He didn’t want to be too obvious with his peculiar behavior.

It was Monday on the third week, Taehyung went to the library after class. This time, he actually had a real reason to be there. There was a book report that he needed to comply for their Literature class. He was carrying five books to his table when someone bumped into him. He was about to curse before he recognized the person that he bumped into.

Roseanne.

“Oppa! I’m really sorry.” She started picking up all the books that were scattered on the floor. “I was reading while walking. It’s totally my fault. I’m sorry.” She handed him the books with an apologetic smile on her face.

He got the books from her, deliberately touching her hands while doing so. “It’s fine. Don’t worry about it.”

“Thanks.” She scanned her eyes on the books that he was carrying. “Hmmm. Let me guess, you’re writing a book report?”

“Yup! How did you know?”

“Jimin-oppa. He mentioned that he had a book report to do and borrowed some of my books the other day.”

“Oh! How about you? What are you doing here?”

“Studying.” She whined. Then she showed her the book that she was reading earlier. It was a Math book. “I’m really starting to hate whoever invented Math. He’s making my life a living hell.”

He chuckled. “Why? Are you having a hard time?”

“Oppa, having a hard time is an understatement. I’m having the worst. I just can’t seem to understand a thing.” She cried.

“Umm . . . Do you want me to help you?”

“Really? You’re going to help me?”

He scratched the back of his neck. What am I doing? I’m absolutely not the person who can help her. “S-sure. But you need to do something for me in return.”

“Ah, what is it?”

“Actually, I’m not that fond of Literature. So . . . can you help me with my book report?”

“Of course! It’s a deal then.”

“Deal.”

Then they shook each other’s hand to seal their deal.

Taehyung moved his things to Roseanne’s table. They studied Roseanne’s Math lesson first. He was glad that he knew about the topic that they first discussed. He was having a hard time teaching her but he really tried his best. After about an hour and half, they stopped studying her Math lesson and proceeded to doing his book report. They only finalized the book that they’ll be making a report on before they decided to call it a day.

They were going out of the library when Roseanne excused herself to the comfort room. While she’s in the comfort room, Taehyung ran back to the library and quickly asked for a copy of the book that Roseanne used for studying. He planned on studying ahead so that he can help her better tomorrow.