Chapter 5

Taehyung and Jimin were waiting for Jungkook at the school gate. They were heading to Namjoon’s house for practice. While waiting, Taehyung was busy contemplating what to do.

During lunch earlier, he learned that Roseanne will be doing a school project in the library after class. And it made him think about accompanying her. However, he was having a hard time excusing himself from their practice. He knew how important each of their practices were but he can’t help wanting to be with Roseanne.

So when Jungkook finally came, Taehyung acted as if there was a homework that he forgot to do which was due that day. Then he asked them to go ahead of him. And without waiting for their answer, he ran back inside the school.

He went towards the direction of the library. His heart was beating fast when he stopped in front of it. If it was because of all the running he did just now or if it was due to the fact that he was about to see Roseanne, he was not certain. He checked his appearance before going in and tried to fix his ruffled uniform. Then he wiped the sweat running down his forehead and ran his fingers through his hair to put it in place.

When he got inside, he saw her sitting by herself at the far corner of the library. He slowly walked towards her. He thought about how he should approach her.

Hi Roseanne.

Hey! Roseanne. Nice to see you here.

Ugh! I don’t know what to do. If only I can ask for Jimin’s help, I would have done so a long time ago. But he would have killed me first when he finds out that it was his sister I was trying to get close to.

He didn’t realize that he was already standing beside the table that she was occupying.

“Taehyung-oppa!” Roseanne called.

Taehyung woke up from his trance.

“What are you doing here?” She asked while she started keeping her things inside her backpack.

“Are you going home already?” He asked.

“Yeah. How about you? I thought you had practice today. Did Jimin-oppa lie about it?”

“No! No! We actually do have practice today. I just . . . I, uh . . . I had to finish some homework. Actually, I was about to go when I saw you.”

“Oh! I see. We can go together since I’m already done here.”

“Great!” Oops! Did I sound too excited? “Let me carry your laptop for you.”

“It’s fine. Don’t . . . ”

Before she could finish what she was about to say, Taehyung grabbed her laptop bag from her shoulder and accidentally grazed her hand in the process. It surprised both of them when they felt a jolt of electricity pass through their hands.

“L-let’s go!” He managed to say.

“Y-yeah.” She shyly answered.

They were walking side by side as they headed out of the school. Then he suddenly stopped her. He ran towards the vending machine and bought two cans of fruit soda. He came back to her side and gave her one of the drink.

“Thanks!”

“You’re welcome.”

They were waiting at the bus stop, sitting awkwardly beside each other. When their bus came, they quickly stood up at the same time. Then they boarded the bus without minding each other. All the seats in the bus were already taken so they settled themselves in a standing position. They stood beside each other, each of them holding unto the grab handle.