Chapter 14

The atmosphere got awkward between them in an instant.

Roseanne took a big bite of her sandwich to keep her distracted from the current situation. She was happily chewing her food when she saw Taehyung grab a piece of napkin.

She's a grown woman now yet she still eats messily when she's enjoying her food. He mentally sighed. I missed seeing her like this.

Then he stood up on his seat to reach out to her over the table. He gently dabbed the sides of her mouth while saying, "Hmmm. You still make a mess when you become too focused on eating. Cute!"

Then he leaned back on his seat, crossed his arms over his chest and openly stared at her.

"Whatareyoulookingat?" Roseanne mumbled with her mouth full of food.

"Rosie, don't talk when your mouth is full." He answered casually.

She swallowed the food in her mouth before responding, "I asked what you were looking at."

Without taking his eyes from her, he slowly leaned on the table. He placed his elbow on top of it and used his hand to support his head.

"You." He whispered in his deep voice.

She was taken by surprise at his blunt answer.

M-me? Isn't it common knowledge that staring is never a good thing? If he continues to make my heart skip a beat with his intense staring, he's literally going to be the death of me. Wait. WHAT?!

She took a deep breath.

Did I just . . . No! Oh, no. This is not good. This is not good at all.

"But how could this moron look annoying and charming at the same time? Ugh!" She blurted out without realizing it.

"Well, I didn't know I can be annoying and charming at the same time." He put both of his arms on top of the table and leaned closer to her, positioning himself to face her directly. He was wearing his signature boxy smile, clearly amused at her.

Her eyes widened upon hearing his response. "Did I . . ."

"Yup! Heard it loud and clear. I'll just skip the part where you called me a moron. I was more interested in how I can be annoying and CHARMING at the same time. Thank you for the compliment, by the way."

She rolled her eyes at him. "Whatever."

He didn't answer and just continued looking directly at her. But when his expression changed from amused to dead serious, it made her feel conscious.

"Yah! Kim Taehyung! Stop that."

"Huh?! Stop what?" He chuckled.

"Th-that. Whatever that is. J-just stop it already." She stuttered.

He shrugged his shoulders. "I don't know what you're talking about." He said without even trying to mask the silly grin on his face.

"Fine. But can I at least eat my sandwich in peace?"

"Go ahead. No one's stopping you."

"But you're . . ." She saw him looking at her without blinking. It was as if he's afraid that she'll disappear from his sight. She let out a heavy sigh. "Just, uh, look somewhere else."

He chuckled before grabbing his phone and focused his attention to it.

Roseanne, on the other hand, tried to finish her sandwich. Despite losing her appetite because of how Taehyung was acting earlier, she still continued eating to distract her from him.