Chapter 59

Taehyung’s POV

I took in a deep breath as I placed the box inside my jacket pocket before I went out of the bathroom. I haven’t decided how to give it but I was hoping that I would be able to decide throughout the day. I was telling myself that I was trying to be spontaneous when in fact it was that I didn’t actually have an idea how to execute my plan.

There she was standing in the middle of the bedroom, effortlessly capturing my heart all over again.

Suddenly the air smelt like freshly cut grass as I was brought back to that summer in Daegu. Roseanne had the same cheery smile on her face when we first met as if she didn’t just fall down. It was her kind of smile that was telling me nothing could go wrong as long as we were together. Then when I looked at her eyes, I would have cried if I didn’t hold back. She looked back at me with complete trust evident in those eyes. She was looking at me exactly the same way she did when she told me to meet up again the next day despite me being a complete stranger back then.

I would have ran to her, wrapped my arms around her tiny waist and begged her to accept my present if I had to. Because I was certain, more than ever, that I was willing to make sure she’ll always be looking at me with those cheery smile and trusting eyes. But I restrained myself and gulped a lump in my throat as I walked towards her.

Roseanne was wearing a blue wrap midi dress, revealing the lower half of her left leg. I groaned inwardly, knowing full well the trouble I’ll be enduring yet again today. I’ve always tried not to meddle with the way she dressed but it had not been easy for me. If she only knew the amount of death glares I’ve given to every guy who looked her way whenever she was dressed with a bit of her skin exposed.

“What do you think?” She asked.

I smirked. “If that’s your way of telling me you don’t want to go out then I wouldn’t mind, at all.”

A pout instantly appeared on her pretty face, “You don’t like it?”

I chuckled as I walked closer to her.

“Yeah, I don’t like it.” I answered, making her frown even more.

I held her shoulders when I continued, “I don’t like it that you’re always too beautiful. Do you know that you are making it difficult for me to truly enjoy going on a date with you outside when you’re looking this . . . gorgeous?”

“Why?” She whined, trying hard not to show the grin that was creeping up on her face.

I wrapped my arms around her waist and pulled her towards me. We were looking directly at each other’s eyes when I spoke.

“When you’re looking like this, I’m sure it will be difficult to take my eyes off of you. I’m wondering how the view can even compare to a beauty like you.” I said before pecking the tip of her nose.

She beamed before pressing her lips into mine. “Then let’s hope that it’s the only drawback to the whole package that is me.”

“Well, I actually don’t mind the whole package. I love every bit of you.” I proudly answered.

I felt delighted with the broad smile appearing on her face. I was glad to be the reason behind it. And I wished to keep it that way.

“If that’s your way of saying you love me then I love you too, like a lot.” She bluntly said.

I giggled as I placed my hands on either side of her face before we shared a breathtaking kiss.

… … … … …

Roseanne and I were at the Gwangju Museum of Art. I was trying to revel in the wondrous works of art all over the place but I can’t seem to take my mind off my plan. I was looking at every corner, mentally checking if it was a good place.