Chapter 34

“Hon, what took you so long? We’re both going to be late at work.” Taehyung grumbled as he started the car engine.

“Well if you’re so worried about that you should have left.” Roseanne exclaimed before continuing. “I can go to the university by myself. Besides, I already told you earlier that you did not have to fetch me from my apartment since I already anticipated getting late today.”

Taehyung heaved out a sigh as he calmly answered, “But you said you were not feeling well this morning. Which is why I insisted on . . .”

“I know what I said.” She spat at him.

“Hey! What are you being so grumpy about early in the morning?”

“I’m not being grumpy.” She said before scrunching her face in pain.

Her cramps was really bad since she woke up that morning. She would have skipped going to the university but she had an important meeting to attend and she also had a group presentation in one of her graduate class.

Her cramps was almost bearable at the moment but it still hurt a bit. So she placed her arm over her abdomen to try to suppress the pain. Then she leaned against the seat and closed her eyes as she tried to relax.

Oblivious to her current dilemma, Taehyung continued driving. He did not bother answering, afraid that doing so will only escalate their quarrel.

A few minutes later, they reached the university in tension-filled silence. Roseanne was still trying to calm herself from the pain in her abdomen while Taehyung kept his mouth shut the whole time.

“Hon, we’re here.” Taehyung said as he parked the car in front of the university’s main entrance.

Roseanne slowly opened her eyes. She groaned when she saw the building of their university.

“Why are we here already?” She complained before getting off the car.

When Taehyung noticed that Roseanne was walking too slowly, he immediately got off the car to go to her.

“Hey, what’s wrong?” He asked as he placed his hand on her lower back. A worried look was visible on his face when he intently looked at her exhausted face.

“I’m fine. Don’t worry too much.” She whispered with a strained smile on her face.

“But you look so pale. Rosie, if you’re not well don’t force it. Maybe you should just take a rest.”

She completely faced him and cupped his cheeks. “I’ll call you if anything happens, alright? I can’t afford to be absent today. There are important things for me to take care of.”

“Fine! But be sure to call me right away, okay?”

“I will.” She said before giving his lips a quick kiss.

“Before I go, do you need anything?”

“None at the moment. But I need you to drive safely and to send me a message when you get to work. I know you’ll be busy today too, so don’t forget to eat your lunch. And don’t stress yourself out.”

He grinned, “I love you too.”

“I know.” She smirked.

He left right after kissing the top of her head.

He was smiling to himself as he drove to his workplace.

“Earlier, it seemed like she’s going to eat me alive with her crankiness. Then she suddenly became extra sweet right before we parted ways. Will I ever get used to her mood swings?” He chuckled. “I think not.”