Chapter 57

Taehyung was hunched down at his desk when he heard a knock on the door. He looked up to see Roseanne standing by the door. It was another of her surprise visit.

“What are you doing here?” He asked.

“Why does it sound like you’re not happy to see me?” She crossed her arms over her chest and raised a brow at him. “Is Areum hiding under your desk again?”

He chuckled at her rising jealousy. “What do you mean by again? That didn’t even happen for the first time.”

“So you’re anticipating it to happen anytime soon?” She scoffed.

He put down the document on his hand and stood up from his seat. Then he walked to her and hastily grabbed her into his embrace. He ran his hand up and down her back and gave her a soft kiss on her temple.

“I see that you’ve brought dinner. Will you be eating with me?” He softly asked.

“I see that you’re trying to change the topic. Is it not worth talking about?”

He slightly pulled to look at her directly in the eyes. “It’s because there’s nothing to talk about in the first place. You do know that nothing is going on between me and Areum. So please, let’s leave it.”

She gave him a playful grin when she answered, “Hmmm. Okay.”

“Wait! Why are you smiling like that? What is it?” He pulled her back when she was trying to sit on the couch.

“Hon, you better eat your dinner already before the food becomes cold. C’mon!”

Taehyung was squinting at Roseanne as they were both taking a seat on the couch. He was carefully observing her when she was arranging the food on the table in front of them.

“Tae, stop that or you’re going to bore a hole on my face. We both don’t want that.” She smirked at him.

“Now you’re worrying me even more.” He glanced at the display of food in front of him. “You brought all my favourite food.” He noticed the familiar lunchbox. “And you cooked them yourself. Rosie, just tell me what’s going on.”

She looked taken aback at his keen observation. “Pfft! What are you talking about?” She tried to laugh off her worry and scooted away from him so he wouldn’t see her blushing. “This is not the first time that I brought you food whenever you need to work overtime.”

“It is . . . the first time you brought me home cooked food.”

“It is?” She unconsciously put a finger in her mouth.

“Rosie . . .”

“Tae . . .” She cried. “I’m also busy the whole day but I went back to my apartment as soon as I can to prepare all these food for you when you said that you needed to work overtime tonight. Now the least you can do is to eat it and fill your stomach as planned. Please?”

He sharply breathed out and hugged her from the side before planting a kiss on the top of her head, his lips staying in position for a while.

“Thank you! But don’t think that I’m going to let this go. I know that there’s something bothering you and it’s affecting me as well.” He grabbed her face and trapped it in between his hands. “I’m going to eat now. Let’s hope I won’t get indigestion from worrying about you.”

She grinned. “Don’t worry about it. I brought medicine, just in case.”

“You knew it beforehand?” He looked surprisingly at her.

She hugged him on the waist. “I was trying not to be obvious about it but I already knew that it’s unlikely for you not to notice it. So I prepared. And it’s not that I don’t plan to tell you. I’ll tell you after you send me back to my apartment. Deal?”