Chapter 9

Roseanne already downed three glasses of bloody mary. And she's starting to get drunk but she was still asking for another one. Her plan was to be completely wasted tonight. She wished to drown her heartbreak with alcohol.

She can feel tears flowing steadily down her cheeks. She tried to wipe them off but they continued to fall. So she let them fall freely.

She's currently in the club, sitting by herself at the bar. She stared at her phone and kept her hand hanging above it. She wanted to call him so badly, tell him how much she missed him. She wanted to but she can't.

In the next minute, she was already making a call. She took a sip at her drink while waiting for the call to connect.

"Hello." She said when the call connected. "Hey! Oppa, I miss you so much. Don't you miss me too?" She hiccupped. "Don't worry, I'm fine. I'm not drunk." Her head spinned for a moment. "Nope! I. Am. Not. Drunk. At. All." She giggled. "I'm sorry. I can't tell you that. Because honestly . . . I also don't know where I am right now." She chuckled. "Don't bother, I can go home by myself." She said as she noticed someone taking the seat right next to her. "Or . . ."

She ended the call and faced the man sitting right next to her.

"Hey, handsome!" She called him while trying to keep her eyes open.

He looked at her with a look of surprise written all over his face.

"You looked oddly familiar." She said as she openly stared at his face. "Have we met before?"

He was about to answer when she shushed him.

"Wait! Don't answer that. That sounded like a worn out pick up line. Gosh! This is so embarrassing." She fanned herself as she felt her body starting to heat up. Then she put her attention back to him. "Anyway . . . Superman, would you take me home with you tonight? I kind of need some saving." She said with a sly smile plastered on her face.

... ... ... ... ...

The next day, Roseanne woke up to a throbbing head. Without opening her eyes, she slowly got up from her bed and dragged herself towards the bathroom.

She was about to reach for the doorknob when the door suddenly opened wide. She stumbled forward and landed on something that felt soft, hard and damp.

She opened her eyes wide in shock before taking a step back.

A man was standing in front of her. He was half naked with only a towel wrapped around his waist.

She traveled her eyes from his well-defined abs to his plump chest.

When she heard him clear his throat, she slightly raised her head to look at his face.

She gasped loudly and took further steps backward. She placed a finger in her mouth while fluttering her eyes open and close.

Has it been . . . what . . . six . . . No. It has been seven years since I last saw this man before me.

The last time I saw him was on his and my brother's graduation ceremony. But the last time we talked to each other was on that fateful night. The night we shared our first kiss.

When Jimin saw us kissed that night, he dashed towards us and came in between me and him. He stretched his arms on both sides. He stood there, grimly protecting me from him.

"What are you doing, Kim Taehyung?" He yelled.

"Jimin . . . I . . ."

He tried to explain but my brother pushed him.