"That's Pretty Wild"

S I X

Anastasia

I wake up to a throbbing pain in my neck, sitting up I realize I fell asleep with my head resting on the bed. I groan and push myself off the floor "what the.." I look around the room to see pieces of broken glass and for a minute I'm beyond confused before all the events from last night slowly begin flooding back.

Wow, I have the worst headache.

I hold my pounding head and slip into my slides, making my way to the kitchen with my eyes barely open.

Orientation...

I frantically look around for a clock, "it's 8 am, don't worry you have plenty of time" a voice speaks from the counter. "Oh..." I mumble, walking to the fridge and tugging it open before pulling out a bottle of water and chugging it.

"Jesus Christ woman, you reek of vodka and.." he sniffs ".. cigarettes..?" I groan again for the umpteenth time this morning and sit on one of the stools opposites Nate. "I never took you for someone who smoked.."

I look up to meet his now playful green eyes, he's sporting a black polo shirt with khaki pants and chucks. Dressed like he's just about ready for college orientation.

Wait...

"You-you're in college?" My voice comes out hoarse, I groan at the vibration that runs through my head with every word. "Well, yeah? How old did you think I was?" Nate looks mildly offended as he stares at me with the smallest amount of disgust he couldn't seem to hold back.

"I don't know.. 22?" He smiles at my answer "19 but close enough" I frown "how is that close?" He laughs "I'll be 20 next June"

I frown, can my brain not do the math properly?

"It's my second year" he seems to have picked up my confused face when he answers my unspoken question.

"Anyways, do you want cereal or something? I can make you some while you get dressed?" My frown deepens as I stare at him "Nathaniel offering to make me of all people, breakfast?" He rolls his eyes "I'm just being a nice roommate okay?" I smile "awww thanks Nate, I'd love a bowl of cereal, with a side of 'do you want to fuck me" I coo and hop off the stool.

He raises a brow, pauses for a moment and then he recalls the events. "Right, my offer still stands" He states.

"Keep dreaming, princess!" I sing over my shoulder as I walk out of the kitchen right after catching a glimpse of Nate rolling his eyes again as he proceeded to make my cereal.

Walking back into my room, I crouch under my dresser and pull out the vacuum and plug it into the wall socket. I plug my almost dead phone in and begin cleaning the floor before I seriously injure myself.

Death by hangover, what a lovely way to go down.

I spend the next 20 or so minutes washing off the stench of cigarettes and vodka, using the strongest shampoo and shower gel I own.

When I'm a cap of mouthwash away from burning my lips off, I brush my teeth one last time and run a brush through my hair.

I throw on something presentable, a floral black dress and ankle boots then proceed to the kitchen to see Nate on his second mug of coffee and my cereal sitting on the counter in front of him.

He seems to notice me walk in, probably because of how strongly I smell of vanilla and apples and his eyes widen a little. "Woah who brought nana home" he laughs, I roll my eyes and sit on the stool, attacking my bowl of cereal.