"The Christmas Bimbo"

T W E N T Y  T W O

24th morning is calmer than usual, we eat till everyone looks like they might throw up if they ate another morsel.  

"I'm going back to bed" Samuel announces as he stands up and excuses himself after gracefully burping. I roll my eyes, muttering "uncultured swine.." making David chuckle. Nathan eyes us from across the table, his arms crossed over his chest making the fabric of his red christmas sweater stretch around his arms.

"I'm.. gonna go for a walk" I smile, standing up and leaving the dining room "Yeah me too" I hear nathan announce but his mum stops him for something, by then i'm out of earshot as i slip my warm boots on by the door and exit.

I then remember i was supposed to meet up with monica to go surprise gen and i curse under my breath, just then a cold winds hits me in the face whipping my hair back.

I pull my phone out of my pocket and dial monica, it rings a hundred times before she finally answers "i thought you'd never call! I was in the bathroom, sorry. I'll meet you 2 blocks down from gens place okay? See ya!" Before i can even respond she hangs up, with a huff i shove the phone back into my pocket and wrap my arms around myself as i begin the 10 minute walk to gen's place a few blocks down.

I'm about a house down from my own when i hear running before a hand lands on my shoulder "hey" i already know it's nathan so i smile at him "took you long enough" i tease, he rolls his eyes in response as his feet fall into pace with mine. A comfortable silence settles around us as we walk, the cold air blowing gently making goosebumps rise even under my thick hoodie.

From the corner of my eye i see nathan run a hand through his soft hair, pushing it back and away from his face. Its such a mesmerising action to see, the morning sun bright and peaking through the trees beside nathan, hitting his face.

His eyes look even brighter when under the sun, my eyes rake over the small details on his face. He has a few scattered freckles along his cheeks, his skin looking lighter now that i look carefully, the curve of his lips are so smooth it makes my tongue run over my own. His breath blows out, sending out clouds of air.

I always loved the way you could see your breath during winter...

"I really need to make an agreement with you that we are only allowed 5 minutes of ogling a day, i feel like my head my fall off if you keep staring at me" He chuckles, weirdly enough even his soft chuckle makes something unknown inside me stir.

Like the cowardly person i am, i push that feeling away into a dark corner. I'm not ready to look into feelings yet, i'm enjoying the feeling of being around nathan as.. well whatever we are too much.

"Yeah yeah, you stare too.." i mumble, kicking a pebble off the stone sidewalk.

We stop at a park with little children playing, happily laughing and chasing each other and my smile falters.

My stomach churns and i feel like i might be sick as memories flood my head from those horrible 2 weeks..

Flashback

I sit in the hospital waiting room, my heart pounding in my chest as i wait for my name to be called. Mum insisted i come to a doctor after i slipped down the stairs and started getting bad cramps, she was scared i might've hurt myself when i bumped my stomach into the hard railing.

But i had a bad feeling it wasn't my period..

"Anastasia black? Please come with me" a doctor, probably in her mid 30s calls me making mum and i shoot to our feet.