"Lover Of Mine"

T H I R T Y O N E

After a very steamy lovemaking session, Nathan and I head back to the car hand in hand, enjoying the comfortable silence between us. We reach the car faster now that my feet weren't about to give out, although my legs were a little wobbly, he pulls the door open for me and it reminds me of earlier this evening when I said I would only ever let him do it for me.

Then again, I didn't think we'd profess our undying love while we 'made love' in a lake hidden behind a bunch of trees. It looked like we were transported to a different world. "Where to?" He turns to look at me after snapping his seatbelt on. "Uh.. home?" He chuckles "Thank god, I thought you'd say round 3" he lets out a relieved sigh as he pulls out of the parking spot, I smack his arm as my cheeks redden "Shut up.."

He looks shocked "Are you seriously shy right now babe? this isn't the first time we've fucked" He says casually, changing gears with one hand as the other rests on the wheel. Why do I find that so attractive? His sleeves are rolled up, shirt unbuttoned from the top and his hair is wet and messy.

I squeeze my legs together, cursing the bitch for being so pro O'Connor. "That's what that was? just a 'fuck'?" His face drops "No, I'm sorry, that was a bad choice of words." I almost faint when he says this "Woah look at us being civil" His eyes widen for a moment too "Right? damn..." We meet each others gaze and burst out laughing, but when I look ahead my eyes pop out of my skull "Nathan car!" I scream, pointing at a car coming towards us, he swerves to the right, my heart leaping into my throat with the motion before he's back on the track again "That guy was definitely drunk what was he doing on a 2-way road?!" He yells out the car.

My mind is fuzzy as Nathan's voice fades out, I hear a soft but continuous beep at the back of my head as blurry images of cars and faint tyres screeching fade in and out of it. "Anna" I hear Nathan call calmly in the distance but my eyes are shut, I feel around my surroundings to grip onto something as bursts of pain sputter through my head.

I feel my body jerk forward and my name being called but all I can focus on is the pain in my head. When I do finally gain consciousness of my senses again my eyes shoot open "Oh my god-" My body jerks again, my eyes coming to focus on a very worried Nathan hovering over me. I look around to see that he pulled the car onto the emergency track and was currently standing on my side of the car. "Are you okay? what happened?" He searches my face in a panicked manner, cupping my cheeks.

"I'm fine, I-i don't know what happened Nathan it was so weird and scary I-i kept seeing blurry images of cars and tyres screeching, t-there was screaming and sirens and-" He claps a hand over my mouth "Stop talking and breathe" His voice is calm and soothing, I nod and do as he says. When I've finally calmed down he leans down and places a lingering kiss on my forehead, making me smile at the warm gesture.

"Are you sure you're okay?" He whispers, brushing the stray hair away from my face. "Yes Nate, just drive" I let out a breathy laugh, he reluctantly shuts the door and gets back into the driver's seat pulling on his seatbelt and slipping his hand into mine. "I like Nathan as a boyfriend" I tease, looking down at our hands.

He smiles sheepishly "Shut up, I told you I'm loveable" I scoff "I never said you were lovable I just said I like you better as a boyfriend" He rolls his eyes playfully "I never said i was your boyfriend though" I chuckle "Nathaniel O'Connor?" I tilt my head, smiling like an idiot. He hums in response "Be my boyfriend will ya?"

He bursts out laughing "that's how you ask a guy out?", my smile falls "No, this-" I wait till we slow down at the red light before turning his head and pressing my lips against his in a light, teasing kiss "-is how I ask a guy out" He shakes his head, kissing me harder "You taste so good"