~

Looking down I watched as the thick crimson droplets fell into the warm, clear water, swirling around beautifully before disappearing down the drain with a satisfying gurgle.

Closing my eyes I put my head back, allowing the scalding hot water to wash away my guilt, fear and self loathing away with the blood, so much blood.

With shaking hands I reached down and unbuttoning my jeans rolled the soaking wet pants down my legs, leaving them to sit sopping wet on the shower floor, the blood washing off of them turning the water collecting at my feet a pale pink color.

Licking my lips I pulled my shirt over my head, dropping it near my pants and watching the blood swirl around them. Reaching up with trembling fingertips I ran my hands down my face wiping away the tears and blood smeared on my cheeks.

My ears echoed with screams as I cleaned the red out from beneath my fingertips and from the creases in my palms. My breathing erratic I reached down and picking up the bottle of soap squeezed it over my head, allowing the creams, bubbly substance to cascade down the top of my head, running down my neck and back, flowing down my arms and legs before mixing with the now ankle deep salmon tinted water.

I stood still, unmoving under the water for what felt like ages before the warm water ran out and goose bumps dotted my flesh. Turning off the tap I listened to the loud babbling of the drain, and the faint sound of sirens in the distance. My stomach churning and my head and heart pounding I pulled aside the plastic shower curtain and wrapped a large, fluffy towel tightly around myself, desperate for its warmth.

Crossing over to the mirror I wiped away the steam from the shower with my palm before taking a hard look at the monster staring back at me. She looked innocent enough with her dark blonde hair hanging limply from her scalp, her tired and bloodshot eyes welled with tears, her normally pale skin red from the scalding hot shower water. She looked sad if anything, not terrifying, or dangerous or capable of murder, let alone the massacre she had single handedly pulled off just hours before.