Alyssa

When I woke up I was alone. My heart sinking I looked around for Luke’s shoes but they were gone too. He’d left. Disappointment washing over me I glanced at the clock on my bedside table, which read 9:15.

If I was going to do something know was the perfect time. Crossing over to my closet I pulled on a pair of jeans, some sneakers and a sweatshirt, before leaving my room.

I checked Ashton’s room first but he was gone. As were my parents, just like always. None of these people cared. Sure they could pretend they did but they didn’t. I’d wasted my first kiss on some jackass who left without saying goodbye, and my parents were too ignorant too notice my face looked like that of the new guy in a jail.

Entering my parents room I crossed over to their dresser and reaching into the very back of the very top drawer on the right pulled out the gun. Smiling I pressed it to my forehead.

It would be so easy.

One pull of the trigger and it was over, but then what?

Then I was gone and Haley and her followers won.

If I was going to go, I wanted to take them with me.

A small smile curling my lips I crossed back to Ashton’s room, and rummaged around in his closet until I found the plain white mask he’d worn a few years ago for Halloween.

Putting the gun in the front pocket of my sweatshirt, I held the mask by its thin plastic strap as I walked down the stairs, out the front door and towards the school.

I knew it was wrong.

But I also didn’t give half a shit.

I’d spent years, for as long as I could remember being tormented and tortured by these people. I’d gone to teachers but they hadn’t done anything. I’d tried ignoring them, I’d tried sticking up for myself, but nothing changed. I was alone, it was me against the world and I was sick of it.

I was treated like an alien, something inhuman, a monster, so why not act like one.

Entering through a back door I slid the mask on, and pulling the gun out of my pocket, turned off the safety, and placed my finger on the trigger.

My heart hammering wildly, and my legs itching to skip with glee knowing it was almost over, I burst into the art room first and ignoring the screams and the pleading teacher crossed over to where Miles sat on the floor cowering, placed the gun to his nose, and ignoring his crying and pleading pulled the trigger.