Alyssa

The following day Ashton and I both stayed home from school.

Mom and Dad didn’t know since we were at work at Ashton called the school and excused me for the rest of the week.

It was fun at first sitting in his room he never let me in and sitting on his bed he never let me near watching horror movies just like the good old days when we were younger, however after two days of lounging around watching television and living off of delivered pizza and Captain Crunch he had to go back to school.

“You’ll call me?” he asked, pulling a t-shirt over his head and watching me cautiously like he was afraid I’d use one of his belts to hang myself if he looked away for too long, “If anything goes wrong or you feel like…. You know, doing what you tried to do the other day.”

“I won’t do it Ash.” I sighed, pulling my knees up to my chest and glancing at the television where America’s Next Top Model was playing.

“Maybe I should stay.” He mumbled.

“Ashton you’re going to get behind.” I replied.

Chewing his lower lip he sighed, “You promise you won’t do anything.”

“Cross my heart and hope to die.” I said.

“Alyssa,” he grumbled.

“I’ll be fine.” I snapped, “I promise.”

Nodding but still looking uncomfortable he made sure I knew his phone number and two of his friend’s number’s before finally leaving.

The house was quiet, which was peaceful for a little bit, however after a while I got bored. Leaving Ashton’s room I went downstairs and tried to cook something elaborate for lunch but got lazy and instead decided cold, leftover pizza was as good as it was going to get.

After that I watched old Disney movies, doodled in my room, checked my social media, however seeing everyone posting pictures of my naked lower region, quickly logged off.

The sickening ball of dismay once again taking up a residence in my gut I decided that the only thing which would get my mind off of everything would be to snoop.

I discovered that Ashton had quite the collection of condoms, along with several magazines and DVDs Mom wouldn’t have approved off. To my disgust I found similar things in Dad’s drawers and underwear that shouldn’t have left the store in Mom’s. More than a little disgusted I was closing the drawers when I heard something fall behind them.

Sighing in annoyance I pulled the drawer out and reaching behind it groped around until my fingertips closed around something cold and metal. My eyes widening, I quickly grabbed a hold of the object and pulled it out.

Immediately my heart began to hammer wildly in my chest as I realized I was holding a gun in my fingertips.

I mean I knew deep down that since Dad was a cop there was bound to be a gun somewhere in the house, however never did I think I’d find it, or be holding it. Turning it over carefully I looked down at the ice cold L shaped hunk of metal which had the power to end life almost instantaneously.

Nervously I placed the gun back in the very back of the drawer and closed it when suddenly I was startled by the doorbell ringing.

Placing a hand over my chest I hastily made my way down stairs and adjusting Ashton’s sweatshirt which I was wearing so that you could tell I did indeed have shorts on underneath them, opened the door.

I don’t know who I was expecting to be stood on the doorstep, but it wasn’t the tall, blonde boy smiling down at me, Luke.