Alyssa

ALYSSA

Detention sucked. Four hours of sitting in an uncomfortable library chair, staring down at the table infront of you. No studying, no reading, no talking, nothing.

Needless to say as soon as the small, angry librarian Mrs. Pin came in to tell me the four detention regulars sleeping with their heads on the table around me that we were free to go, I was the first out of my seat.

It was surprisingly dark in the empty hallways, but then again it was November and the sun had set long ago. Pulling my hands into the sleeves of my sweater, I turned down the main hallway, the large front doors beckoning from the other end when I heard laughing from behind me.

Startled I looked over my shoulder and paled, finding Justin, Miles and several other large, buff boys from the football team sauntering in my direction. Realizing that they had not seen me yet, I bowed my head and made a beeline for the door. I was almost there, only a few feet away when one of them called out to me.

“Hey look guy it’s Ugh-lyssa.”

Crossing my arms over my chest I turned away and continued towards the door.

“Hey Alyssa, where do you think you’re going?” Miles laughed.

Feeling sick I reached out, my fingertips just brushing the glass of the door, when I felt a large arm wrap around my waist pulling me back.

“Stop!” I screamed, “Let me go!”

Immediately a sweaty hand was placed over my mouth. Thrashing around I looked up and found some creep named Kyle clinging to me tightly.

“What’s the matter Alyssa?” Justin laughed, “Never been this close to a boy before?”

Feeling Kyle’s hand lowering, I tried to kick him, however before I could too boys stepped forward and held down my feet.

Tears pricking my eyes I could only squirm helplessly as Justin’s eerily blue eyes wandered my body, stopping at my chest. With a smirk he then reached forward and in one fluid movement ripped my sweater open sending buttons flying.

Terrified I tried to scream, however only managed a muffled squeak.

Laughing, Justin stepped forward and began walking his cool fingertips down from in between my breasts towards the hem of my skirt.

Making eye contact with him I shook my head wildly.

“What’s the matter?” Miles laughed, “Have something to hide?”

“Everyone says you have a dick, that’s why you’re such a freak.” Justin chuckled, “Let’s find out once and for all shall we.

Moving his hand to my thigh he began slowly sliding my skirt up, higher and higher until my pale blue day of the week underwear came into view. Smirking, he flipped his pointer finger into the band of my underwear and was just about to pull them down when an angry shout rang out through the hall.

“What the hell are you doing get off of her?”

Startled and relieved I looked up to find Luke running towards us, the camera hanging from around his neck swinging wildly.

“Come on man.” Kyle laughed, still holding me, “We’ll let you take first stab at it.”

“No!” Luke shouted, stepping forward and pushing Justin away from me before turning to Kyle, “Now put her down or I’ll call the police!”

“Are you kidding?” Miles laughed, “Dude you’re overacting look at her, we’re doing her a favor, this is the only action she’s probably ever gonna get.”

“Let her go.” Luke growled, balling his hands into fists.

“Whatever.” Kyle laughed, shoving me hard to the ground, “She’s probably diseased anyway.”

Scrambling away from them I rose hastily to my feet, pressing myself to the corner.

“We’re not done with you Alyssa.” Justin warned me shoving his hands in his pockets, “You better watch it.”

My head and heart pounding I watched as the Neanderthal like boys shuffled away towards the locker rooms, half expecting them to turn around and charge at any moment, however they didn’t.

“Are you okay?” Luke asked, breaking me from my trance.

Startled a little I jumped, then quickly nodded.

“I’m fine.”

Giving me a sympathetic smile he unzipped his hoodie and shrugging it off handed it to me.

“Put that one.” He said gently.

I wanted to decline his offer since he only had on a black t-shirt and it was about forty degrees outside, however I was wearing nothing but a ruined sweater and a bra so I didn’t really have much choice.

Blushing I thanked him before pulling the warm sweatshirt on, zipping it up to my chin and cramming my hands into the pockets.

“It looks good on you.” He informed me.

Smiling a little I looked down, “Thank you, again.”

“Don’t worry about it.” He answered, “It’s what any half way decent person would do.”

“This is high school.” I mumbled, “There are no halfway decent people.”

“I disagree.” He said, shoving his hands into the pockets of his jeans, “I think there are plenty of pleasant enough people in this hell hole, but they’re so scared of being devoured alive that they prefer to remain as inconspicuous as possible.”

“I guess.” I muttered.

Licking his lips Luke looked out the glass doors, “It’s getting late, what are you doing here?”

“I had detention.” I admitted, “Why are you?”

“I’m supposed to be taking picture of the game.” He replied, holding up his camera.

“Isn’t that kind of like social suicide?” I asked.

Smiling, he shrugged, “It is what it is.”

Nodding, I removed my hands from my pockets and crossed my arms over my chest, “Are we still on for tomorrow?”

“I don’t know, are we?” he sighed, “You threw me out of your house the last time I tutored you.”

Wincing I looked down, “Sorry about that.”

Shrugging he looked up at the ceiling, then down at me, “It’s fine, as long as you don’t do it again.”

“I won’t.” I said quickly.

“Okay.” He laughed, “Then Tomorrow it is, I’ll meet you in the library at three.”

“Okay.” I replied, relived that he wasn’t done tutoring me, “I’ll see you then.”

Nodding, he turned and started down the hallway.

“wait, um, Luke!” I called after him.

“Yeah?” he asked, turning to face me.

“Thank you.” I mumbled, “I don’t know what would have happen if you hadn’t shown up.”

Looking disgusted, he forced a grimace like smile, “I’ll see you around lyss.”

Turning his back on my once again I watched as he walked down the hall, around the corner and out of sight. Sighing, I pushed the front doors open and pulling the hood of Luke’s sweatshirt over my head for warm, started home.