Luke

“Luke?”

“Hey Alyssa.” I greeted.

“Hi,” she said slowly, eyeing me wearily, “What are you doing here?”

“That’s what I came to ask you.” I replied, leaning on the door frame, “Why haven’t you been in school.”

Alyssa’s eyes widened in panic, before she quickly looked down at the ground, fiddling with her fingers nervously.

“Is this about what happened in the cafeteria the other day?” I asked.

Looking up with cheeks red with embarrassment, she scoffed, “No Luke, I loved showing the entire school my fanny!”

“Sorry,” I mumbled.

“It’s not your fault.” She whispered.

“Are you okay?” I asked.

“I’m fan-freaking-tastic.” She deadpanned.

Chewing my lower lip I sighed before pulling my backpack off of my shoulder and retrieving the zip lock bag of brownies I’d made in home ec, which were smashed beyond recognition and looked more or less like a plastic bag full of dirt.

“What the heck is that?” she questioned.

“I made you brownies.” I said lamely.

“That looks disgusting.” She laughed.

Smiling I shrugged, “They’re perfect for a brownie Sundae they’re already crumbled up.

Smirking she nodded. We then just sat there looking at each other awkwardly for a moment until she broke the silence.

“Do you wanna come in?” she questioned.

“Oh no, that’s okay.” I said quickly.

“I have peanut butter cup ice-cream.” She taunted.

Laughing, I nodded. Smiling, she opened the door wider, allowing me to walk inside before closing it behind me and leading me into the kitchen.

Climbing up on the counter, since she was too short to reach the cupboards, she removed two bowls before crossing over to the freezer and pulled out a container of peanut butter cup ice-cream.

“So,” she asked, as she rummaged through the drawer for an ice-cream scoop, “Is everyone talking about it?”

“About what happened?” I questioned.

“No about Back Street Boys reunion tour, yes about what happened.” She snapped.

“Oh,” I mumbled, scratching the back of my neck, “Um, define everyone?”

“The students of Heck ville high, that living hell you and I are forced to attend.”

“Oh them,” I mumbled, “……yeah pretty much.”

“Great.” She muttered, “I can never go back.”

“What do you mean? You have to.” I pointed out.

“I’m not.” She laughed, humorlessly, “I’m never setting foot through those doors again unless it’s to kill Justin and Haley and Miles and Ky…”

“I’d help you.” I interrupted, “But I’m fairly certain my conscience would kick in and it’s kind of a little bit a illegal.”

Smirking, she handed me a bowl she had filled with the mashed up brownie, ice-cream and drizzled in chocolate sauce.  

“I was kidding.”

“So was I.” I laughed, “If you’re killing Justin and his cronies I’m in.”