03| B E T S

Monday 1st September, 7:03pm, 1973

LELÉ, CISSY , LOU.Three best friends.Two Blacks.One Flint.
"You know, Elijah is in the same year as us-I bet you he'll be in half of your classes,"grinned Narcissa.
"Yeah, it's not like you can avoid him, Louisa."

The Hogwarts Express stopped, and you could hear the noises like it was a whistle.Louisa, Elladora and Narcissa left the Hogwarts Express, then caught a carriage, which was luckily not occupied.

You could hear first years scurrying off to the boats, while the other years tried to find a carriage for themselves, and Louisa, Narcissa and Ella didn't want any more company, and thankfully, no one went into theirs.
They entered the Great Hall, where the first years were all in a tiny bunch, looking small, as if they were ants.Some looked like they weren't afraid, even though they were, and some sneered at each other, casting sly remarks, a girl with blonde hair and blue eyes looked like she was afraid, but would sneer.

A boy, who had messed up black hair, and dark brown eyes smirked at someone,then sneered a comment about muggleborns or something, Ella wasn't that good at reading lip syncing from a far distance.

"I bet you, that girl, with the dark hair, and light eyes,will end up in Slytherin,"Ella declared.This was their habit, they'd bet on which first year students would end up in Slytherin, Ella thought the proud looking good, with dark hair like hers, and light grey eyes would end up in Slytherin.

"I bet that the girl with blonde hair, and blue eyes will,"grinned Narcissa, and Louisa looked through the first years, finally saying,"The boy with the messy black hair and brown eyes."Narcissa and Ella nodded, as the daughter of Walburga said,"10 galleons."

They nodded, and waited, until they heard the name,"Anastasia Chirpwood!"
It was the girl Ella betted on, and Ella kept wishing under her breath she was right, and a minute was up, until the sorting hat shouted,"Slytherin!"
"Yes!Ha,"smirked Ella, as Narcissa and Louisa internally groaned.

A few moments passed, and the person Louisa betted on strutted up to the sorting hat, as the name was called out,"Marcus Axel!"
Only a few seconds passed, and he was sorted into Slytherin, Louisa smirked, and the one of the remaining girls with blonde hair and blue eyes was called up, Narcissa kept biting her lip, waiting.

"Cheryl Glenn!"
A few minutes had passed, and Ella knew the hat had made its decision,
"Ravenclaw!"

Narcissa groaned, and you could hear her mutter,"No!"Louisa and Ella had won the bet, but it would always end up with one of the girls, so they had to bet on another person.
They had to do it fast, since there were only 4 girls left to be sorted.
"That girl-with brown hair and dark eyes,"Louisa replied quickly, and Ella replied right after she said the last syllable, "The one with ginger hair and freckles-oh and blue eyes-!"Ella corrected herself, and first was a different girl from the ones Louisa and Ella betted.

"Lana Prelay!"
"Hufflepuff!"
"Karla Kortilly!"
"Gryffindor!"

Now it was the last two that Louisa and Ella chose, if they both ended up in Slytherin, then...wow?
"Ariellé DeAesthe!"
She was the girl Ella picked.
"Gryffindor!"
Ella banged her head on the table, moaning, as Louisa smirked proudly waiting for the girl she betted on to be called out.

"Chichi Fleuriest!"
"Slytherin!"
When the last syllable was heard, Louisa shouted,"Yess!Ha, I won-!"
"Yeah, now you can shut up,"muttered Narcissa.Ella agreed, and Louisa scowled, as people went to leave the Great Hall, Ella followed, then her cousin did, and then the Flint did.

They walked down the hallways in silence, it was eerie and cold, but soon went warm, as they reached the Slytherin Common Rooms, and the prefects muttered the password, as they walked inside, the prefects showed them the girls dormitories and boys, and they left to where they had to go.

Louisa then cleared her throat loudly, then no one noticed, so she was irritated, then she did a quick,"hem,"loudly.Then multiple heads turned, and she grinned,"Great, now I've gotten your attention-Quidditch Tryouts, this Saturday, 3:00pm, I expect the normal people won't be late, second years, whoever wants to make the team, make sure your at the Pitch at 3 sharp.Everyone who wants to try out, sign your name on the Notice Board, and I'll know how many people to expect, clear?"

Everyone nodded, as Ella muttered,"Crystal."Narcissa's mouth turned upwards, trying to fight back a smile.Louisa made a 'humph' noise, and everyone left.The two Blacks headed up to their dorms, which was labelled, Narcissa.D.Black, Elladora.Z.U.Black, Louisa Flint.

The two sat on their beds, sorting their clothes out, and spare money, as Apollo , Ella's cat, later on the windowsill, and Tigger, her other cat, crawled underneath Narcissa's bed, it's what Tigger would usually do, he was more Cissy's cat than Ella's, but Tigger would usually come to Ella.

On weekends when Ella was bored, or upset, she would sit on the windowsill in her dorm room, and look out the windows, even though their Common Room and Dorms were under the Black Lake, so she'd stare out at the merpeople.

On weekends if she was upset, then she wouldn't go in her dorm, because Narcissa would read a book, or visit Lucius(her boyfriend).Or Louisa would be gazing at her Quidditch Equipment, or convincing her parents for her to get the latest model of a broom.

So she'd go somewhere isolated, with mascara running down her cheeks, crying silently, and no one would know.