23| W H Y

[because I ended the last chapter like that I can't just make this chapter about Elle and Evan pretending nothing happened so that'll be scrapped.Sorry about that, I'll try add it in if I have nothing to write about :)]

WHY.SHE WONDERED. Why me?She bombarded questions in her head, laying down on her bed in the Hospital Wing, bringing (not so) good memories.

Elle giggled at her friend.She sat on the tree near the Black Lake, as her two friends groaned, trying to climb up.

"Look, I'll help you,"said thirteen year old Elle.She reaches down to grab one if their hands, but fell face forward, landing with a sickly CRUNCH.Her arm was bent backwards, and so was the leg.She had broken two bones then.

Elle smirked, and looked much older and mature.Her legs were dangling in the Black Lake, and fifteen year old her rolled her eyes,"C'mon, Cissy.Lou's not here, and we need a break from O.W.L.s!"
"You go in."said Narcissa bluntly, not realising what her friend was going to do.
Elle shifted, nervously,"Okay...just—"her scream was heard, and something pushed her legs down into the lake.
Narcissa looked up from her book, questioning,"Elle?"dumbfounded. Hours later, she rose to the top, and Narcissa chuckled at how funny it was because her friend literally floated to the top of the Black Lake.
"Think i'm gonna get hypothermia."

Ella now looked a little younger than the other memory, maybe 14.She was alone, and he legs were dangling off the Astronomy Tower.

She figured it was late, and walked down the steps.Then tripped down a flight, banging her head on the steps and walls, and ended up getting a minor concussion, to which she thought the concussion wasn't minor, but maybe...I don't know, extreme?Her skull was fractured, and was taken to Saint Mungos and was fixed up in no time.

Louisa always joked that the reason her friend was weird was maybe because her skull was fractioned.

Elle smiled at the memories, but her smile and happiness vanished once she remembered why she was at the Hospital Wing.Did Madam Pomphrey and Dumbledore know about it?Did her Head of House, Slughorn, know?Hopefully not, she didn't want to be treated like a child.She was 16, not 6.

Then, as if on cue, Madam Pomphrey walked up, muttering on her breath, her gaze landed on Elle, and she tutted,"Elle.How many times have you came here—maybe we need to give you your own bed, for the next time when you come injured."

"Have you ever considered, Madam Pomphrey, that it may be because I want to see you?"said Elle, grinning, and the lady rolled her eyes, her lips twitching.

"Here is some potions.This one, is to heal your scars and make sure your fractured skull is healed too,and to make the bleeding stop.And this one, is to stop the pain from your bruises and broken arm."
"How did I break my arm, Madam Pomphrey?"

The lady turned to her sharply, and Elle prayed that the Nurse didn't know anything.

"Well because of that nasty fall, my dear.That sweet Remus Lupin brought you in, saying you fell from the Astronomy Tower, you're lucky your didn't break more than two bones, again,"she said sympathetic, and frowning at the memory.

"When can I leave, Madam Pomphrey?"asked Elle, leaving the plead out of her voice, because she was terrified what he would do if she left.
"In a weeks time, no less.Maybe a few more days, considering your condition.This is not the cause of the fall from an Astronomy Tower, my dear.But...Mr Lupin can vouch for you, I guess.We contacted your parents, because this is quite a serious...thing.Fractured skull.Bruises and scars.Broken arm.What has this fall done to you?"

"Have you told my brother?"asked Elle, biting her lip, hoping Regulus wasn't told, or he'd skip class and visit her, and she was certain, her parents would kill him, literally, thought she didn't know if they'd let him off, even if it was for her.

Then, a few hours passed, and to let it pass, some books were brought, and she stared into the pages.