08| " M E R L I N ! "

Monday September 8th 11:03am, 1973

"HOMEWORK IS A foot-long paragraph about Merlin, and his life."said Professor Binns, only a few people from Gryffindor were listening, and nearly of the Slytherins were—not that they were like Ravenclaws, smart, but they'd like to show Gryffindor they were better than them, not purposely forgetting to bring in homework, or getting detention, and that is exactly what the some Gryffindors do.

Louisa whispered in Elle's ear,"If Binns dies, then we won't miss him and his foot long homework."Elle snorted, trying to hold it back, but then Binns snapped his head up, adding,"Before you leave, I will be choosing your partners for the year, since some of you are failing and need help."He glanced at Sirius and James.
Elle noticed a book in front of her, she picked it up, frowning, then dropping it on the table,"Hey, Louisa what's this?"
Louisa glanced, as names were called out,"What book-?"

Names were called, cutting Louisa off, then people-no everyone groaned, as he read out the last 10 names,"Louisa Flint and Alice Fortescue, Elijah Flint and Elladora Black."Louisa glanced at Elle, who cringed, and Louisa smirked back.
"Narcissa Black and Lily Evans."Narcissa looked over at the red head, who smiled, and she scrunched up her face in disgust,"Lucius Malfoy and...James Potter."

"Remus Lupin and Thomas Avery."
Elle didn't bother to hear the rest of them, and since History of Magic was over, and their partners had been sorted, she left with a couple of other Slytherins and Gryffindors behind her.

"I feel sorry for you, your partner is my idiotic brother!"laughed Louisa, as she jogged up to her friend, Elle rolled her eyes, opening her mouth, then she was cut off,"I didn't think I was that bad..."said Elijah's voice,"But, we have the same flesh and blood, so, I guess we share idiotic personalities."

Louisa scowled, as Elle stifled a laugh,"I was just saying!Anyway, you're lucky, Elle, for Potions and History you have Slytherins as your partner!Elijah is better than a Gryffindor."

Elle thought about it, tilting her head, then agreeing." 'Kay..." she wasn't fully convinced, she hadn't had a full conversation with Elijah-not in their 5 years they've been at Hogwarts.She went to the owlery,neither Louisa following behind, and she noticed the black owl had a letter attached to it, hopefully,not wasn't bad news from her parents.

She reached for the letter, and the owl squawked, maybe it was for Reg or Sirius? Thought Elle, the piece of parchment was slightly open, and said, Dear Elle. Her thoughts changed.
She unfolded the letter, and Louisa watched her expectantly.Elle hesitated, not knowing what would be inside, then she started to read it.

Dear Elle,

We have been waiting for a letter from you, I expect it's because of our sudden interest in an arranged ,marriage?This is not what I wanted to write about.Elle, in December when you come back for the holidays, your cousin Bellatrix will be coming along with Narcissa and Andromeda, with your aunt Druella.Behave, I already know fully well you will, and Regulus, but Sirius, will be an embarrassment.Make sure you tell him to behave, he listens to you.

Send me a letter as soon as possible, I expect one by this weekend, no doubt.
Mother and father.

Elle pushed her hair out of her face, then said,"I've got to go, Lou, meet me back at our dorms in half an hour."Louisa made an irritated face,"Going to see your bestie?"
Elle frowned,"Who?"

"Via,"mimicked Louisa, in an unusual voice, sounding like a duck that's had issues with its brain.

"Sylvia?She's a friend!"laughed Elle,"Do you really think I'd become friends with someone after knowing them for 12 minutes?Or trust them?"
Louisa opened her mouth, to sneer something, then Elle cut her off,"I don't want to hear it, after I'm back I'm going to see Narcissa."