Coming Home

Hey guys, I know the series literally sucks right now, it's a little boring. Im trying my best to get it as interesting as I can! Hope you enjoy the story!

Kyle's POV

I trotted down the steps of the school eager to walk alone and not be bombarded by Stephen. As I made my way towards the street, I noticed Stephen. I hid behind the stop sign, then rolled my eyes at my own ignorance. "A stop sign, really Kyle?" I mumbled to myself. I stood there still as a rock hoping he wouldnt dare see me. I heard a bell ding almost as if as a shop door opened. I looked over and saw Stephen walking into Woody's Soup kitchen. I squinted in disbelief. What the hell was Stephen doing in there? I made my way ducking and running behind a thorn bush to get closer, but just far enough so he wouldn't see me. He came walking out earlier than expected. I ducked once again meanwhile as he shook hands with the chef. They made small talk and he left with a bowl of to-go soup. I stood up as soon at is was clear. Since when did Stephen know the soup kitchen chef? What was he doing there to begin with? I shook my head with forgetfulness. "Forget that, I gotta get home." I said to myself.

As my mind moved on to other places, I barely notice I was a block from my house. I stood dead frozen at the sight of my dad's car. What was he doing home early? I rubbed the strap of my book back nervously. I hope to god he's sober, just until mom gets home. I walked up the driveway like the little pussy I was. I took a deep breath as I opened the door and peered in towards the TV. Right there my hopes died

There were beer bottles strolled amongst the carpet and cigarette buds spotting the coffee table. The house smelled of Jack Daniels and Marbolo. I just closed the door gently and rushed my way to my room hoping he was too drunk to realize. But I didnt get far, before a voice boomed through the halls. "Where you been boy?" he says slurring. I whirled around with my black bangs swishing in sync "I'm screwed..." I thought to myself. I took several steps back. "School, sir." I said obedient, but afraid. He stared blankly and let out a sudden laugh, weezing and bright red, dripping with sweat. "You?! School?! Your dumb ass cant even read correctly!" He said out of breath still grinning. I pursed my lips holding back comments. I nodded in fake agreement. He swung his arms back and fourth with a beer in one and a blunt in another. "You're a fucking disgrace to this whole damn family! You belong out on the street somewhere, being somebody's one night stand! You look like belong at a damn Marilyn Manson concert, with all the other fucking weirdos!" he said slurring and stumbling towards me. I tensed my shoulders and turned my head away, knowing he would strike at any moment.

He was in my face legit 6 inches away, breathing on me like a bull with horns. He reeked of must, like he hasn't bathed in days "You want something to be scared of ,boy?" He whispered. I shook my head looking at the rightside wall still. "WELL DO YAH!!??" he yelled at the top of his lungs. I flinched as his spit hit my face and his yell bounced off my ear drum. Just as expected, he struck me with that damn bottle in the back of my head. I held my head down and clenched the swollen spot. Tears rolled down my face. I could barely move my freakin' neck!

"Go in your fucking room ! I dont wanna see your FACE till your mama gets home you hear me boy!?" He yelled harshly walking away. I ran up the stairs tripping and slipping ,till I made it to my bedroom. I shut the door in grief. I was sick of being afriad but what could I do to get HIM to stop? I ran to my bathroom, wetted a rag, and rubbed the bruise lightly . I looked at my hand and frowned. "Shit, blood." I said quietly to myself. I washed my hands in liquid soap, thinking about how shitty it was I had to deal with this bastard everyday along with Stephen. I made my way to my bed. I layed across thinking about what life was like for people who were normal. "The last time I check normality was wrong, I guess things never change" I thought. I fell asleep anticipating dreams of bliss, when unfortunatly I got slaps of nightmares.