Investigating

Sky's POV

Hard Rock.

I run past the host to the back of the kitchen, sneaking past the bartender. I search high and low through stoves and pan stacked high pots. I finally see Blaze, drenched in sweat with his red hair in a bun and his face shiny from the steam. He was grilling wings, frying chicken and steaming vegetables.

Blaze had been working there since he was around 13, getting special connections from his uncle. Every time I see him after work from walking home from school tutorial, he looks exhausted. After that he heads home (to my knowledge I'm thinking). But I still know little about his family, let alone his parents.

"Aye Nigel, I need bout' 2 more wings on trays, pick it up!" I hear who think the chef say from the back room. Blaze makes his way over, carrying dirty plates in a hurry. Little did I know he was coming my way. Trying to move I made my way to the right. He came around the corner, and flinched, startled from me.

"Sky what the hell!" He say stepping back. "Hi...." I say sheepish. Blaze rolls his hazel eyes, dropping the plates in the washer. "I know this is a bad time, but I need to talk to you about something." I say, putting my hands down my jean pockets. He turns around, removing his black bandana from his head. "Let's go outback, I don't wanna get chewed cause of you."

We walk down the corridor to the outside, and it was getting dark already. I could hear sirens and every other urban effect, stuff that strangely relaxed me. "So, what's up mate?" He says sitting on the steps. I hesitate to answer, but work up the nerve to tell. "I had a vision in my dream, I think may be some sort of sign." I admit. He lights up and blunt and looks off and the streets.

"What happened in the vision?" He asks, not looking at me. I squint my eyes in thought, surprised I couldn't remember much. I get a few recalls "Me at like 8 years old at school, laughing kids.......a blonde boy with long hung over hair, scared wrists and slashed back." Blaze nods in understand meant, still off in cloud 9. "Any memory of where this was....a name maybe?" He asks.

"That's kinda why I need you I don't know where the school is or it's name. The closest I got was, Greenv." I say to him. Blaze puts his mind in thoughts. As he rounds his mouth to say something, his phone goes off. He looks at it wide eyed. "Oh um, I gotta go home I'll see you at school tomorrow, we'll look it up in the library." He says. I shake my head. "Blaze no I need it now!" I yell.

He turns around quick in offense. "Look here, I don't know about you, but I've got bigger problems and priorities! I've got 2 mouths to feed! Tell your bull to someone who cares!" He says harshly. I stand in a stare, unaware that Blaze was that angry, or could get that angry. He looks down in guilt, backing up to the streets. I won't let him get away that easy.

"Two mouths to feed? Priorities? Problems? Blaze your sixteen what the fuck do you have to worry about?" I say serious but concerning. He looks around, seeing him trying not to cry.

"I just gotta take care of someone-" he starts to say. "Who?" I interrupt. "My brother, were just....going through a though time. This business isn't yours so I'm leaving it alone." He says, trying to walk away.

"I wish you the best." I say giving up." He already had walked off. I sigh and check my phone time, 5:00pm. The public library was still open, maybe I could get some info from over there.

Going around, I grabbed my skateboard from the front of the restaurant, and rode down 6th street to Pollo's Public Library, boy do I feel old. I ran into the building straight to the computers, looking up Greenvale, Greenvon, Greenvine.....all on Google. Just an hour has passed and I'm sick of this shit already. I try some more words. I throw a book as the wall, not paying mind to the nosy librarian.

I go over to the secretary who was deep into work. She looks up. "Excuse me miss, I need your help. I had um...had a recall yesterday about a old past and the school was called Greenv, I can't remember the rest is it possible that you can search it?" I ask polite but hectic. She nods and types a few words here and there.

"Well dear, there is only one place I have found starts with Greenville that's here in Denver." I sigh in happiness. "That's great, is there a way I can locate the school." I say grinning in relief. She shakes her head. "Well sugar, I hate to inform you this but Greenville...isn't a school, it's a orphanage." She says sympathetically. My face drops.

Orphanage?

*****There's Part 11! I really appreciate the views and support, I really appreciate it! Part 12: Coming soon!**** :);):):)