16. Headache

Isn't this pic of Meliodas Cute ? 😊
(Sorry this chapter may be shorter then the rest)
———

Y/N POV

I woke up with a splitting headache. Groaning I rub my temple and glance at my surroundings. I was in my room , looking down at my body I noticed bandages wrapped around my waist , there was a a bandage on my cheek as well.

"Finally you're awake" Looking up I see Meliodas walking in with a bucket of water and a rag over his shoulder. Setting the bucket down he pulls up a stool next to me, wetting the rag in the water.

"What happened ?" I was trying to recall previous memories, but I was drawing up a blank.

Meliodas gripped the end of my bed sheet tightly, he had his bangs covering his face as he looked away from my gaze.

"I'm sorry." Arching an eyebrow at him I give him a confused look.

"I'm confused , what do you-" before I could finished my question the memories ,from before I knocked out ,came flooding in.

Right it was that one dude, what was his name again ? Ara ??

"Oh. You don't have to worry , I'm alive. It was unexpected too." It was silent between us after that. Still avoiding my gaze he twisted the rag getting rid of the excess of water from it and placed it on top of my forehead.

"I remember he said being in the Ten Commandments , I don't understand why he came here though. Maybe for souls ? " I questioned.

I had to figure out how he knew of me and where I was. Maybe the sensed me when I first came ? No impossible ! They didn't even act out yet.

" He probably wanted to just collect souls, any that was nearby. He could've been watching us too and decided to strike when you were alone." He stood up and fixed the blanket around me, trying to make myself comfy, or to just forget the incident. It was almost like he was hiding something from me.

"Wait, I remember when I went unconscious you had showed up ! Are you okay ? What happened to him ? How are you alive?" I almost completely forgot that he had showed up. Maybe he had help from one of the angels. He stopped moving my blanket around and sat down next to my feet.

"I was coming back from hunting and such when I heard yelling and things being destroyed. I saw that the house was a wreck and went to the noise. When I found you, you were weak, it was incredible that you survived that..." he looked at his hands. Sighing , he closed his eyes before continuing. "I surprised attacked him , but I wasn't alone ! This person came to help out ! I think a knight of some sort ? " I narrowed my eyes at him, but nonetheless believed him. Why wouldn't I ?

Nodding my head at his explanation of what had happened , I lean my head back down on the pillow.

"How long have I been unconscious? And where's this knight at ?" I flicked my eyes up to be met with emerald eyes.

So pretty , almost like a forest.

His eyes were always so beautiful to me.

"Three days. The Knight left after he helped me patch you up, then he took that one guys body." He slightly shrugged his shoulder and stood back up. "I'll go get you some soup." Simply Nodding my head a yes he makes his way out my room.

Sitting up, the rag falls to my lap and the splitting headache dies down.

"Hopefully he doesn't make some crappy soup, although he has been getting better at cooking. Probably cause he doesn't wanna deal with someone who died from his cooking." I whispered to myself.