22. Bedtime story

Heya ! Sorry for such late notice......
I think I'm getting sick now 😷

This might be boring or kinda everywhere 🤷‍♀️
—-

"What do you mean it was taken ?! " My best friend shouted at me.

"I mean, as in it was there one day then the next it vanished. You were right, I think he is on their team.." I felt my eyes cloud with sadness, as my best friend tried her/his best to look sincere.

"Look; I know we had that huge fight last time. I was just angry that you wouldn't listen to me, but now that was in the past. We've been friends forever- literally. Not like I'd just throw it away from one fight." She/he gave me a small smile and placed her/his hand on my shoulder.

"Well I hope you'll still be my friend after I say this." Concern flew across her face, as she slightly frowned. Fidgeting with my fingers, I cast my gaze towards the shiny ground. Trying to look anywhere but her/his eyes.

"What's wrong ?" She/he stepped closer to me , bending down slightly to get a better view of my face.

Sighing I take deep breathes.

"Just don't tell anyone please ? I still need to think about my next step. But it's something I rather focus on after our battle." She/he nods her/his head and my response.

Making her/his pinky promise me, I take another minute to myself to get ready to tell her what I've been needing to let out.

"This will be either amazing or terrible to you; I want to stay in the human world a lot longer- possibly for life. Don't get me wrong I'll visit- but the humans are so interesting." I babbled on.

"Whew- honestly I don't see what you see in those weirdos. They have no wings, no powers and all they do is eat, fight and get drunk." She/he rolled her/his eyes.

"Yea but each one of them is different, I want to travel the land with-" meliodas. Looks like that won't happen for awhile.

"With him I'm guessing ?" I slowly bring my eyes to her/his face. I had a frown and my eyes were gloomy. Slowly I nodded my head.

"But I have to forget him. What he did is unforgivable to both humankind and the angels." Everything felt like it was going to fast for me. Just one moment I was beyond ecstatic , now I'm about to plan someone's death.

"So what's the plan now ?" She/he crossed her/his hand in front of themself and raise an eyebrow at me.

"Simple- we get ready to fight. I mean I can feel the last fight coming. We must prepare everything for this battle and give it our all. We must for life. We'll meet as dawn tomorrow- send word. This will be our last meeting before the battlefield."

"Alright I'll send out the message. For now enjoy your time with Elizabeth." Nodding my head I turn around and head back home. "Just if he comes back act as if nothing happened." Nodding my head one last time, I raise my hand to give a slight goodbye wave.

Elizabeth, I promise to protect you for eternity

-

"Finaalllyyy ! You're home ! " looking down to see a giggling Elizabeth and a sick looking cat.

"What happened to him ?" I start to poke hawk around , making him groan in pain.

"I think I fed him to much." She whispered.

"What do you mean you fed him too much ?" I looked at the petite girl to see her twirling her fingers while looking at her surroundings.