Filler - Christmas Special

This is like a filler (??) not a chapter 😊

————-

"It's tomorrows Christmas (F/N) !!" Elizabeth squealed. She was looking out the window watching the snowflakes fall.  "Can we build a snowman ?" She turned to me. Nodding my head , she squeals again and runs up to her room.

Putting my boots on I look to see the small child sitting on the stairs , tying her shoes and getting her coat on. Seeing her struggle with the coat I bend down to help her. Buttoning up her coat, I grab the scarf and hat that was hanging on the hook, and place them both on her.

"Make sure you tuck your gloves underneath your coat, so no snow will get in." I begin to speak to her as I put my gloves on. Opening the door she dash's toward the forming mounts of snow. Smiling I close the door and join her in making a snow angel.

-

After a few hours of playing in the snow she falls on my laps and takes deep breaths.

"For Christmas I hope Santa gives me a boar, Ive always thought they were so cute, oh and wouldn't it be cool if it could talk !!" She formed small fists and sat up to stare at the stars. Smiling I comb through Elizabeth's hair , seeing her so happy makes me happy.

Sitting up as well I pull her close to me and give her a hug. Snuggling in my warmth she closes her eyes. We stay like this for a few more moments until I hear her breathing slow down, meaning she fell asleep.

Picking her up I bring her back into the house.

"Have fun?" Looking up I see Meliodas open the door, whilst holding a cup of hot coco.

"I think a little too much. She fell asleep quickly, and before eating." I smile down at the sliver haired girl.

"Did she say what she wanted ?" Nodding my head, I continue my way to Elizabeth's room.

"Yea , she wants a boar." Placing her on her bed, I take off her winter coat and shoes. "And a talking one at that."

"Hmmm, a talking boar huh?" Humming a yes I turn to see him thinking, with his hand on his chin.

"Where would a boar be at this time of year though ? " he moves his stare at me and holds it.

"Maybe a cave ? I know there's one outside the village , a few miles outside, but it's the closest one." I finish tucking in Elizabeth and give her a quick goodnight kiss on her forehead.

Snapping his fingers , he runs out the room and down the stairs.

"Now what is he going to do this time ?" I whisper to myself.

Last time he did something like this- it didn't end very good

"Now where are you going at this time of night" I speak out while watching him shove a foot in a boot and a hand inside his coat.

"Im gonna get her a boar." Surprised I put my hand on his shoulder to stop him.

"Don't you remember what happened last time when you did something similar ." He shakes his head no while putting his scarf and hat on.

"Melioda's ! You had a wild animal come into the village and destroy half of it !" He waves me off and opens the door.

"That was an accident , I didn't know fried meat would make them try to attack me. I didn't know they would follow me either !" Shaking my head at the blonde boy I sigh.

"Just be safe then, okay?" He holds my hand and gives me a reassuring smile.

"Don't worry I won't. Plus it's my job to protect the both of you." Blushing at him , I start to stare off into space.