Step 16 (What are we?)

Namjin's past

--------------------------------------------------------

Jin was playing some old arcade games with a sudden enthusiasm since it was his birthday.

Well, a late birthday but it counts too.

His friends looks like too immersed on DDR, doing weird moves and clashing each other as cheating to win.Jin looked at the game he was playing, the shooting gun one as the big 'game over' appeared on the screen.He sighed and get back to his seat, observing people in the arcade.

The arcade had an old vibe and there were not so many people in the arcade so it wasn't loud enough that it could annoyed the boys.Mostly those people were chatting about something and the hushed conversation passed on his ears and he ignores it.He sighed again, oblivious that he was showing his emotion through his face.

Solemn and frustration was what he felt at that time.If only his partner didn't betrayed him, he wouldn't be here sulking all day and being a burden to his friends when they were the group that comforted him when everything seems wrong.

Fuck him.Don't ever think of him.He's an asshole.He thought continuesly, screaming inside his mind to stop being so needy and desperate.He might show a blank look hell, even smiled brightly as if it didn't happen at all.

He drink his bullet cherry, cringing at the tangy taste of it since he hates bittersweet taste on anything but it did distract him from negative thoughts.He felt tired suddenly and the background music didn't help him at all like what the fuck is this song?They're not in an 90-era.

He decided to go to the music box (I don't know what it's called) to change the music,seriously the sound of it make him thought about a quick death,god no wonder Yoongi hates turn on the radio.He pulled out some of the coins from his pocket and was about to put it inside it's hole when someone bumped into him.

"Oh sorry, didn't see you there."The man who bumped him was profusely apologising him.He whipped his head to look at the man.

Jin admit that the man was kinda attractive to him.Tan skin,cute dimples,beautiful eyes and etcetera.Noticing he's staring too long,he shook his head mentally and blinked.No, he's not going to give in to his temptation.His heart was already broken enough to fall for another man.

"It's fine.I guess..."He shrugged, prayed that the man didn't see his blush under the dim light.Focusing what's his intention with those coins as he was about to put in inside the music box but he stopped right before the coins fall inside of it.Biting his lip as he's nervous when he looked at the guy who's looking the other way.

"Hey...could you...pick a good song for me?I'm actually kinda lost with the selection."He rubbed the back of his neck,one of his nervous habit.He didn't why the word slipped out of his mouth but he couldn't take it back.

The man give him a confused look and then it seems dawned on him when he's standing infront of the music box.

"S-sure but I also didn't have a good taste on music,you know?"He said, hesitating before coming closer to the music box, a few centimetres apart from Jin.

"May I?"He asked, Jin dazed for a bit before he snapped from it and took a step back.

"O-okay."He noticed the stutter but didn't talk about it, instead picking a song he found interesting enough to play on it.

"So...I see it's your birthday today"The man started a small talk with him.

"What?How do you know that-wait is it because this ridiculous birthday hat on my head?"