@ - 1

Word Count :- 1267

"Why don't you understand me, I am not interested in serving your kingdom Father, I have my own empire to build, this is not what I want....This is not where I am supposed to be, let John serve it here. I am not the right one to your throne, I was never...."

Again he woke up to the same dream, with sweat all over his face and chest, actually it wasn't a dream, it was his past coming back to haunt him and now he knew that the sleeping pills were of no use, those were supposed to keep him asleep at nights but there he was wide awake looking nowhere but at the ceiling, thinking about various things all at once, perks of being an over thinker....he had it all.

Maximus Zander, the name was enough on the streets to have girls drooling all over his sharp looks, he had those mesmerizing pair of bright blue eyes which could kill many just by a simple look, just 26 and he had all of what a man needs to live that luxurious life, known for co-founding and leading Zander International as it's chairman and CEO but beside all of these facts he had his own secrets which were kept concealed from the world outside, one of all his few little secrets was him being the son of King Ryland Quinton, that he was the only heir of Quinton Empire, the world knew him as Maximus Zander, CEO of Zander International which is exactly what he wanted.

For him being known under his father's name wasn't very satisfying, he wanted people to know who he was, he wanted to set his own empire and his own boundaries and indeed he made it all come true but that took him away from his family, he had everything yet he had nothing.

Distracting him from his own world of thoughts, A knock on his door was followed by "Sir, Your breakfast is ready" the voice came in startling him, it was his Butler Blake Jones who was the only one allowed to be anywhere near his personal space, "I will be down in few minutes Blake" he said getting up from bed and walking his way towards the bathroom which was attached to his room.

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

(His attire for the day)

Getting ready was a tough task for him, the man who was a master of class, elegance and perfection to the world outside was indeed a messy little boy behind the scenes, although he tried always to pull out that sharp look, the one which had girls drool for but in all reality it was hard for him to just get it done, still he was successful in terms of bluffing people with who he actually was, he was a little from the insides but couldn't just get himself to believe that bullshit to be honest he was much more concerned about his public image, what will people think of him being messy, undisciplined and careless man and hiding it all within his heart was the only option left for him, he was afraid of sharing the truth with the world, not even his girlfriend knew about this.

For him the journey till here was really very hard, he was a mastermind and a genius in terms of his work all he had trouble was maintaining his messy and little self, discipline and structure was all he wanted in his life to be perfect.

Walking towards the breakfast table and grabbing the newspaper he took his place on the chair, "Good Morning, Mr. Quinton" Blake greeted with a smile to which Maximus nodded and greeted him "Morning", one of the servant then served him with his usual pancake with lots of honey, he was a binge eater another habit which needs to be fixed but then again who cares, he was the boss here and no one would even dare and deny him because for them he was a cold-hearted man who won't take a 'No' for an answer but little did they know his actual sides.

While Blake on other hand was the only one who knew him very well, he and his family has been serving him from the very beginning when he came here to setup his business empire, although they know who he was but they wouldn't dare and speak of it to anyone outside.

"James Carter is here sir" Blake said eyeing Maximus who was now on a journey devouring the piles of sweetness and with that said a man walked in which made Maximus to roll eyes on him "I am busy, what is it that you want ??" Maximus said in his supposedly thick and cold tone showing his disappointment for the interference created by the man who was now standing right in front of him with a smug grin.

"Don't be rude, I am here to help...." James was interrupted by Maximus who now had a serious face "You could have waited for me in My office, why are you here Carter" he said with an irritated look, "Okay, I am here with recommendations, you asked me to hire someone eligible for your Secretary post, I interviewed few of them privately without addressing them about the position and the person they would be serving, I selected few of them and I want you to make one final decision" he said passing one of the two folders he brought with him.

"I can't believe it, am discussing this here" he said taking a hold of the folder and opening it, there were 6 profiles waiting for him to be looked at, he went through all of them and found no one who he thought was eligible for the post, "Are you serious, these are all sluts and you chose them to serve me, you fucking kidding me ?!" He exclaimed throwing the folder down as he eyed Carter, "Those are all top models and I find them fit for the position" Carter blurted out to which Maximus laughed dryly "So you think the sluts will fit in just right for the position, I want a secretary you idiot and not sluts serving my dick, Get out" he ordered in a deadly tone and within seconds James was out of the Zander Estates, "way to ruin the good morning, sometimes I feel like I have recruited a bunch of idiots..." Maximus muttered standing up and decided to just leave for work, James Carter needs to be fired with that thought up in his head he made his way towards the office which he had in the house, grabbing his leather bag which consisted of his laptop and some important files.

"Sir your car is ready" Blake informed to which he nodded, Another bad habit he had was being irresponsible with things, like now he was searching for his cellphone which was missing, this is the third time he lost his phone in the month.

He decided to drop the search operation as it was getting late for work, While on his way out he came across a folder on the floor which he thought was the one showcasing the sluts profile, he picked it up and was about to throw it away when he read the letters upon the folder which said 'REJECTED' he figured out what the folder would have inside and he decided to keep it, walking out he got inside the car as the driver swiftly drove his way on the driveway and towards his office.

To be continued...