Part 21

Scarlett's Pov

"He thinks you left her Scarlett, you need to hurry with whatever it is you have in your mind or else that poor boy will loose his over something that absurd" spoke Blake through the phone as I struggled to adjust my phone up against my ear, "I know, just give me time. Almost done and yeh keep him inside he cannot see that yet, thank you so much Blake" that said I didn't wait for him to reply as I hanged up on him, this came out harder than I thought.

Planning something for someone is really hard and when its your little that just adds up a lot to your list, I have never been a person to plan surprises but now here I am, Max has been through a lot and all I want for him is to enjoy himself, his headspace.

By no means was it easy, to come up with an idea of a play house for Max and to have that idea live within just three days seemed impossible to Blake, I had some help from a friend who was an interior designer and I asked him to have something based on Max's personality, I wanted it to be different, unique.

His play house was built around an old tree standing from ages in his backyard which was easy to access through the living room. He went through some serious stuff and the least I could do was build him his own play house where he can be himself for as long as he like.

After when I was home I could hear Max crying and I knew I had to calm his nerves down before even trying anything new, Blake was in his panicked state, "He is upstairs, haven't eaten, talked and is crying his eyes out" he said making me rush upstairs towards him.

Heaven knows what all stuff he has running through is head, I knocked on his door first and in reply, "go away Blake, I don't wanna talk to anyone. I am a dependent, clingy and useless little, no body wants me. You should leave as well" he yelled from the other side and I knew he was in depression.

I asked Blake to bring me the master key, all I wanted was to hold him in my arms and assure him that I won't leave him for the world and now he was my life.

Unlocking the door from outside I entered his room and there he was facing the window, he stood there eyes fixed in the blank space outside with tears in his eyes, tear stained cheeks and there were these three words on his lips, "She left me" and those words were sharp enough to pierce my heart.

"Max" I called out to him and there was no reply, he was so in deep with his thoughts, I walked behind him and did the only thing I could think off, I hugged him from behind, "I didn't leave you, I would never do that" I whispered near his ear and he collapsed down on floor crying as I supported his back with my body.

"How could you leave me ??!!" he yelled, clearly he was not himself.

"Baby boy, I didn't. Mama had some work" I tried to be as gentle as possible.

"You always say that...you don't have time for me, you hate me cuz I am clingy and useless piece of..of...poop!!!" it was sweet how he tried to be in control of his choice of words and again it was hilarious as well.

Giving him a kiss on his cheek I placed my palm on his chest and I could feel his heart beating fast, it was soothing. "You are non of those things Max and I opposite of hate you actually. I am starting to have these feelings for you which can't be explained, you are one of those rear good things that has ever happened to me" I am not good in terms of sharing my feelings with others and here I was doing it to him.

"Weally ??" he asked and that made me smile, at least we were going somewhere.

"Yes Love and its okay if you don't feel the same but you don't have to worry about me leaving you ever because that is the last thing you should be concerned of at the moment" I know I shouldn't be this upfront with him right now but him crying just made my insides melt and I couldn't just hold back.

"Anyways let's get you clean after which I have something for you" that said I stood up from behind him, offering him my hand to take, grabbing my hand he stood up. I guided him inside the bathroom and made him sit on the toilet seat. The next few minutes passed by with him staring at me while I wiped his face clean. "Okay, all done" I said patting his shoulder, "Come on, I have something for you" that said I walked him out of his room and towards the tree house, he was silent the whole time and the it was way to unsettling for me.

Jade and George joined us and he was excited as well, "Your Mommy is the best" said George as he excitedly jumped around Max who was still silent, Jade noticed it as she eyed me confused.

"Will tell you later" I said to which she nodded as we both followed the boys ahead, George helped me with stuff so he basically knew everything and he was happy for Max.

"Scarlett you have a call from Dexter" Blake called from behind us, which Made me stop as I turned and looked him in the eye, "I am sorry but this is important" he said.

Sighing I looked back at Max who had his eyes trained on me, I don't want to ruin the surprise for him, "Okay, Max go on with Jade and George, will join you in a bit" that said I eyed Jade who nodded as she instructed the boys to go ahead and followed them.

To be continued...