@ - 2

Word Count :- 1290

-: Maximus :-

It has been a week since my assistant left for her wedding and as that happened things started to get even messier, my everyday work was getting affected, my meetings aren't well organized anymore and the work load is high because now every single thing needs my attention and approval as well, Shania Miller my Ex-Assistant was very much capable to fit in as per my requirements, it was all perfect until she decided to get herself in a shitty bondage thing called Marriage, I don't understand why people do that, for me the whole concept of falling in love and then getting married is a complete waste of time, I could make more money in that whole time, I know I have a girlfriend and she is an amazing person by heart but I don't love her or anything near to that, infact I just have her on my side because of my reputation, there were rumors spreading out in-between that I was in a relationship with a man and that I just had to stop it from spreading more and ruining my public image and then I had to do what I did, met this girl in a party who also happened to be a super model, we became friends and then I asked her out to be my girlfriend so here I am with a super model girlfriend.

While in all of that talk I just forgot how much in need I was of a personal assistant, I have no idea how much longer will I be able to handle all of this stress, for now I was getting some of my paperwork done in my office, I was almost finished with them and besides that it was getting late and so I decided to pack my things up as I tried to organize my desk and my eyes landed on a folder which I found today morning on the floor back in my House, I wanted to throw it in dustbin because it reminds me of Carter and his stupid logic of bringing up some sluts for the position, the only reason I had the folder on my desk was because of the "REJECTED" word printed over it, I wanted to know who applied for the position and why were they rejected.

I took my seat back with the folder in front of me, I started going through the resumes in the folder one by one and was impressed by the qualifications all of them had, I don't understand why Carter chose those girls over these highly educated people, there were 16 of them and I decided to hire them all, I am sure we will have enough place for them after firing a bunch of idiots.

I decided to send them all an Email inviting them for a personal interview with me tomorrow, after I was finished up with that it was now time to leave, I collected all of my stuff and made my way down the building and towards the parking, my driver opened the car door for me as I got inside as he drove me back home.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Next day I decided to have all my meetings cancelled for the day, by 11 Am all of the candidates were here and I started to take in one by one asking them questions and offering them the positions I thought they were fit serving for.

Now just this one woman was left, who was rejected just because of her age which I thought was not a reason to reject someone, she seemed to be in her early thirties and was more then qualified for a simple position as a PA, she did her PhD from Harvard in Psychology, Neuroscience and Behavior, I am surprised that she applied for a PA position in here.

There were several positions in here that I could hire her for and I can if she wants that and I made sure to keep this offer for her.

There was a knock which interrupted my trail of thoughts as I looked up and through the translucent door I saw a figure outside, "You can come in" I said as then the door opened revealing a good-looking woman, I am not a type of person to judge someone by just there looks, I wanted to know what goes on in there head and that's how I judge people depending on there thoughts and words they use to represent themselves and not by there looks, being honest here this woman right here gave me chills, just by the way she Carries herself.

"Take a seat Mrs. Ca..." And I was interrupted by the lady who had a disappointed look "It's Miss..." She retorted back as I swallowed the lump in my throat but I didn't let it show on the outside, "Miss. Cason, tell me about yourself" I asked to which she described her background and stuff which wasn't of my interest, "Alright, now there's this one thing in my head from the moment I saw your resume, why this job when you can apply for any executive position which can pay you well and give you a social position" I questioned as she smirked which made me feel things inside my stomach, 'remember you have a girlfriend' that came from my conscious mind, 'yeh right, a girlfriend which is just a show off to cover up for all of what happened back then' my subconscious mind reminded me and somewhere it triggered me to the extent that flashes from the past resurfaced in my memory which blocked everything that the lady was saying, the images from past kept on replaying inside my head and were giving me a head ache.

"That's it, you are hired now get out, my team will reach you with all of the necessary details...." I said with a seemingly cold tone which had her all confused at the same time I could see a hint of anger or disappointment or maybe it was both but besides that she decided to stay "Are you okay ?" She asked making me to look up at her I knew I wasn't the best person to look at when having a hard time, her eyes landed on mine and as if she could read my mind her eyes softened for a second and then again went back to it's own voidness.

"Get Out, what part of it you don't understand Miss. Cason" I yelled and due to the roughness of my tone I saw her flinch back after that she just left, I am not used to this, all of this care and love stuff is something I don't believe, this world here works on the basics of money and nothing else.

I was getting frustrated by every passing second, I decided to just leave as I called Mason who was one of my trusted man, I explained him all of the work which needs to be done by him on my behalf, after which I left and on my way back home I made a quick stop at the Bakery and ordered my favorite Strawberry Vanilla Ice-cream bar cake, now there was only one thing which could help me relax and it was this awesome Ice Cream bar cake, I liked to have it while watching my favorite movies the only thought of that made my nerves calm down a bit, once they had my order ready I paid for it and was back on the road and towards my home, soon enough I was home and ready for a treat I was about to give myself, the Ice Cream Cake.

To be continued...