@ - 14

The next day Maximus asked me to accompany him for his meetings, we we're in the car and on our way towards his office, he sat there all suited up while his eyes skimmed through the content on the laptop screen, he looked so confident and sincere, all I wanted was to pull him closer and kiss him as much as I wanted but then it would be so
unprofessional of me.

The next day Maximus asked me to accompany him for his meetings, we we're in the car and on our way towards his office, he sat there all suited up while his eyes skimmed through the content on the laptop screen, he looked so confident and sincere,...

(His Outfit)

He must have felt my eyes on himself, sighing he adjusted his glasses and looked outside of the window and then his eyes met mine, "I know you don't like the sophisticated atmosphere in the conference room but I am willing to teach you how to do real business, if in case something happens to me than you can just manage everything swiftly without me..." He trailed off getting back with whatever it was he had on his laptop screen.

"Firstly, nothing will happen to you and secondly, Nope I won't manage any of your business stuff, you see I am not good with it and I never will be, end of discussion here" I said looking at him and then outside the window.

The whole day passed by quickly with me and him attending three meetings which were of two hours max, I realize now how hard he works and in between of it all he doesn't eat anything.

It was 6 now in the evening as we we're finally in his office room, he sat there behind his desk working on his laptop, while I was on the couch going through a file but I had something to discuss with him and I have no clue how to start a conversation on that matter, luckily he sensed the thick air in the atmosphere.

"Okay, what is it about, Miss Cason ??"
He asked eyeing me, I think I should just get done with this.

I stood up and walked my way towards him while his eyes studied my each move, he had a smirk plastered on his face now and I don't know what is going on in his head and I don't even want to because I think I know what's going on his perverted mind, ignoring that I placed the file on his desk infront of him.

"The property you bought...The reason I wanted you to buy it is because to have a hospital built on that land...I know it will cost a lot but look at the bright side, there are a lot of people out there who..." And I was interrupted by him who now had a smile on his face "Listen, do whatever you want with that property, it's your now, build a hospital, mall, school or a dam if you like, I don't care Scarlett, it's yours now and I hope it's all you wanted to talk about, now if you don't mind I have a project to review" that said he got back to his work.

"Umm...okayyyy?" I was confused, what just happened wasn't what I was expecting, I looked at him for a minute or two and then my phone went off, it was my secretary and I was about to accept the call when I heard Maximus call me "Oh and Scarlett regarding the funds..." fishing out a card he placed it down on the desk, "Derek Milo, he is my companies Treasurer, talk to him about the funds and stuff he will guide you through it and Scarlett All the best for that" he added Making me smile as I nodded in response.

Accepting my Secretary's call I walked out of his office and towards the waiting room for some privacy, I instructed her with everything that I needed and asked her to get the best architecture she could for the hospital, although he bought the property with my name but I am going to have all the legal rights assigned to him and his companies name, it's a plan I initiated for the benefits of Zander International.

While I was on call with my secretary I saw Troy who walked his way towards the office room, "Casey, I'll call you back in few minutes..." That said I hung up and rushed my way towards the office.

It took me just five seconds to walk in on Maximus and Troy standing face to face while Maximus had his collar gripped but when his eyes met mine he released his hold from his collar and patting Troy's Shoulder said something which I couldn't hear but that triggered Troy as he shoved Max's hand off his shoulder.

"Scarlett, glad you joined us, we we're just discussing about the party next week" Said Maximus putting his hand over Troy's Shoulder in a friendly way but I knew what Max was trying to do, he wanted me to stay out of it so he was trying to pull this act.

"Alright friend, I will walk you out..." With that said both of them walked out but before that I saw the look Troy gave me, his eyes were fuming red and his aura was negatively charged.

Once they we're out of the room I walked my way towards the back of the room where I had a clear view of the city and the roads, I leaned down on the railing as I watched Troy walk out of the building, I heard Maximus walk in the office room and soon I felt his body pressed against mine as he wrapped his arms around my waist, resting his chin down on my shoulder he took in a deep breath "you smell like Vanilla mixed with Jasmine..." He trailed off pushing back my hair and kissing a spot behind my ear which made me take in a deep breath as I closed my eyes, kissing his jaw line I rested my head back on his chest, I knew he was trying to avoid the whole 'talking thing' and that he wanted to hide something but I will figure that out soon.

"His eyes, they were fuming red Maximus, it was as if he is in the middle of planning something" I said with my eyes still down on the street watching Troy who was now on his phone talking to someone and out of nowhere he looked up as his eyes met mine, smirking he tilted his head and with his index he made an X in the air towards me.

I pushed Maximus back as I rushed out of his office room Ignoring all his calls and towards the elevator, soon I was on the ground floor as I walked out of the buildings Exit, Troy was gone.
.
.
.
To be continued...