@ - 15

After that small incident I decided to go back at my place and relax, I asked the driver to drop me off at Max's place from there I took my car, on my way back I grabbed something to eat and drink, once home I switched on the lights and served myself with some good Chinese food and wine.

It's good to be alone sometimes, away from everything and right now I needed this a lot, after having my dinner I decided to watch a movie, by the end of it my phone started ringing as my screen lit up with Blake's name on it, accepting the call I heard him yell at the top of his lungs.

"Scarlett, Maximus is hospitalized...." Was the only thing that made sense to me and which also had me on my feet, rushing out of my house I locked it and got inside my car, Luckily Blake texted me the hospital name and address as whatever he said on call went unheard by me.

This man, can he ever stay out of trouble, once when I was at the hospital reception I asked for Maximus and she told me that he was in the Operating room, what the fuck ?

I was about to ask her more questions but then I saw Blake who was in the waiting area, "Blake...!!!" I yelled as I walked my way towards him, "Scarlett, you are here" he said eyeing me, "What the hell happened ?? He was alright few hours ago and all of a sudden how...??" I asked which made him sigh "Liver damage...half of his Liver is being removed, the doctor asked him to do this early but he refused and today after he came back home still then he was okay just one complain that he was feeling weak and lightheaded, I thought he was experiencing withdrawal symptoms and so I prepared him fresh Apple juice but he refused to have it soon after that he started feeling nauseous and then fainted, I brought him here and the doctors ran few tests and MRI after that they rushed him inside the Operation Room, it has been an hour now..." He stated making me feel guilty, I shouldn't have gone back to my place.

"Will he be alright ??" I asked Blake as he nodded assuring me but deep down he too was unsure, "I shouldn't have gone!!" Guilt was now settled up inside my heart, "It's not your fault Scarlett, he was supposed to go through the surgery way before but he was being stubborn back then" that won't help me with the guilt.

After four exhaustingily long hours the surgeon walked out and Blake walked past me towards him, "Come, let's go take a seat...I am tired" the doctor said as he walked us towards a conference room, once we we're inside the room he took a seat and offered us some water, I have no idea if the doctor was trying to creat a suspense or whatever but it was irritating me, I just wanted to know if he was okay and the damn doctor was taking eternity...!!!!

"Blake, he is alright now soon he will be shifted in the ICU, the Surgery went really well, we have removed 60% of the damaged part of his Liver but it will regenerate itself faster don't worry about that" the surgeon explained as his eyes met mine, "You must be Scarlett, his girlfriend, ma'am I must admit he loves you a lot, when he was brought here he was partially conscious till we sedated him, still he was asking for you and he wanted you to know that he won't let anything happen to you and secondly your boyfriend is a big fan of eating pizza, even under the influence of general anesthesia he was able to mumble out Pizza, I suggest you to get him an extra large Pizza that is after he is fit and fine" his words made me blush for a second, I wanted to correct him with the girlfriend thing but Blake interrupted me "Scarlett, this Dr. Daniel Rosario, a well know surgeon and my Fiance and Daniel this is Scarlett Cason, she works for Zander International and also is a sober companion of Mr. Maximus Zander" Blake Introduced us and I was surprised, to be honest I didn't realize for Blake to be into Men's, it's not like I am against it but that just was surprising for me.

"Oh okay, I am sorry but are you sure she is not his girlfriend because I am never wrong with figuring out relationships..." Daniel said that to Blake confused about the whole situation, "Yes Babe, they aren't dating, if they were I would be the one to know" Blake replied looking him in the eyes.

The whole talk made me realize that we didn't discuss this, what were we ?? Me and Maximus, I work for him and that relationship is completely Business oriented, I am his sober companion and then, then what ?

In that moment everyone and everything around me disappeared as now I was standing right infront of two woman and both of them were, let's just say one was my heart and the other was my brain and I knew what was going to happen....a war in between my heart and my brain.

"What does those kisses means Scarlett ?? Which you know how much you love being kissed by him and not alone the kissing, you do realize how much you like being wrapped by his strong arms, you are so down for him woman, can't you see woman, he is your soulmate" my heart said eyeing me with a smirk.

"He is your soulmate Scarlett but think again you are forgetting something very important, his father killed your mother don't ever forget that, remember the small you, all tiny and disoriented, all messed up, how can you forget about the revenge Scarlett and also think of your people, who were cursed by his mother, they can't mate and produce there offsprings unless and until the curse is broken, don't forget you yourself took the responsibility to make everything better" my brain fired with all honesty.

"Right, you took a responsibility for all of your people Scarlett and what about yourself ?? Don't you have that right to enjoy yourself with your partner, till when Scarlett, till when will you take responsibilities for others and do nothing for yourself ?? Don't you think you need some rest, you did a lot of things for your people, bringing back your father who you didn't even knew was alive out there somewhere but you did it, you did find your father and brought him back, till when will you work for others Scarlett, why not take a small vacation and take this time giving yourself full attention, that man who is inside will take care of everything for you Scarlett, believe me, sometimes it's alright to trust someone, trust him with yourself and I have a feeling that he will make everything better for you and our people" my heart said assuring me, and just when it was time for my brain to jump in between, I was brought back to reality when Blake reached out for me.

"Scarlett, they have shifted him to the ICU, we can go and see him now" he said to which I nodded, I walked outside of the conference room and followed Blake to the ICU room.

There he was on the bed looking all pale and weak, "You can come in Scarlett" Blake offered and that's when I realized that I was standing in the doorway, I walked inside the room as the strong smell on antiseptics filled my nose.

I walked my way near him beside the bed, placing my hand on his forehead I caressed him, his eyes opened a bit but then closed again, "Mo...my" he tried speaking but was unable to because of the oxygen Mask, "Yes babe boy, I am here and let me tell you this you are a very brave boy, I am so so so much proud of you honey" I praised him knowing that he wanted it, it's hard for him.

"We...aly" trying his best he was able to mumble that out, "Blake, call the doctor please" I said to which he nodded and walked out of the room, "Yes baby, mama is really very proud of you, now you see all the bad germs are out of your body so you are all good to go sweetheart..." I trailed off, "Mo...ma no Lev...me" he said trying to reach for his mask, I am sure that irritated his mouth.

"I am not going anywhere Max, I will be right here whenever you open your eyes, just please sleep babe for a while" I assured him and right after that Blake walked in with Daniel, "You Love him...!!! See I wasn't wrong Blake..." Daniel said excitedly which caused me to roll eyes at him.

"Doc..." I was interrupted by Daniel who was now going through the heart monitor and stuff, "Please call me Daniel, no formalities needed here, we are family" he said eyeing me.

"Alright then, Daniel when can we take him home ??" I asked watching him write something on the Paper which was attached to the bed.

"Look the anesthesia will wear off slowly within 24 hours and then he will be monitored for all the appropriate signs of recovery and liver regeneration. Once his pain is well controlled, he is eating and drinking well and is up and walking around without too much difficulty, he will be discharged from the hospital, to say the least it will at least take 6 to 7 day and that again depends how well his body responds to the medications" Daniel Explained to which I nodded, "And one more thing, I am letting you two in the ICU on my responsibility, please just let him rest okay, don't let him move or do anything which will hinder his recovery or else I won't let you inside untill he has fully recovered from my point of view" Okay well it's seems like Daniel does have that professional Doctor Side.

"We won't do anything Babe, I promise" Blake said from beside me.
.
.
.
To be continued...