@ - 3

Word Count :- 1055

Scarlett Cason

I was outside my habitat and in search of my soulmate, it's hard to fit in this world of Humans who are good for nothing, where there world was weighted with materialistic needs, I could just have used my magical powers to live here owning them creatures with little to no worries, Earning money and getting used to there terms of lifestyle was no big deal for me but then again I was told by my father that in no way am I supposed to Reveal who I was and from where I was and also I can't use my powers, not sure if I will follow it completely.

Now to survive in this world of Filthy little humans I had to earn money and for that I need a job and Just two days ago I came across few job vacancies so I decided to apply for them all, I nailed all of them except this one of which I got a call back stating that I was too old for the job, to be honest here I was just shocked by the reason they had rejected me, age wasn't a factor to even take in consideration here.

The next day in the evening I got an email from the same company that rejected me now was inviting me for an interview with the CEO himself, I wasn't willing to go for this because they first rejected me, I think somewhere in between my self respect did play an important role here.

But today, here I was standing right in front of a skyscraper, I know I wasn't supposed to be here but it was something about the owners name I thought was familiar to me, I did my research on the Company's background and the CEO, whose name was Maximus Zander, and there was nothing which I could relate him with but still I think I have heard this name somewhere, pushing the thoughts at the back of my head I eyed the tall building standing right in front of me, sure enough the building did cause an unusual discomfort in my stomach maybe it was due to how tall the building was which was kind of intimidating also.

With a deep breath I walked through the doors which led me towards the reception area, I made my way towards the reception desk where there were four man attending and directing people or receiving calls and connecting them further, One of them reached out for me "Is there anything I can help you with Ma'am ??" He asked with a genuine smile, being a witch I was able to read minds of people and the man in front of me was a true gentleman, in a world full of idiots there were humans like this who were just pure souls, there were people here who were looking at me as if I was a piece of meat, like the man who is behind me he wanted to touch my ass but the receptionist made me shift from that line, I was thankful to him or else I would have killed the man behind me.

"Yes please, I was called in for an interview" I said to which he nodded "may I have your name ?" He asked taking out a paper in which he had few names written, I said my name as he went through the paper searching for it once he came across my name nodding he issued my visitors ID which had my name written on it with a barcode and other few details.

"Welcome Miss. Cason, you are expected on 6th Floor...Take lift B" after that said he got busy with another call and that was my que to walk Ahead, the lift consisted of all even floor numbers as I pressed 6 on the dial pad after which the lift started climbing up, soon the door slides open to a common area which had a waiting room on the right hand side while on the left there was a desk serving two man, one of them was busy talking through his headset while the other one was writing something down but soon his eyes landed up on mine as he nodded towards me acknowledging me "You must be Mrs. Cason" he inquired to which I answered with a small yes, "Mr. Zander will see you in a while please make yourself comfortable here" and that said he was back to his work.

After like a minute or two I was called by the same man as he asked me to follow him, looking up at the setting I realized how male dominated this place was and that somewhere made me uncomfortable.

Soon enough my thoughts were interrupted by the man "This way please" he said leading me further towards the end of the corridor where he motioned for me to go in, I knocked first on the door to which I heard the approval for me to walk in, opening the door wide I entered as my eyes landed upon a pair of soft blue eyes which so happened to remind me of my natural habitat, his eyes never left me, observing and studying my every single move till I was in front of him.

It was all going well untill he was triggered by something which made him panicked and then I was asked to just leave, I was not sure if I should leave, for a while there I stood figuring out what was going on in his mind. It's not very hard to read humans, For me it's like reading a book but this man here was just an other story, I was trying my best to get a sense of what's going on inside his mind but then I ended up knowing nothing, it was as if a force was around him which was acting like a repellent to that of mine.

I wasn't convinced about him being a human because if he was then I could have accessed his mind with ease, the whole thing just made me more interested in his being, I think for now my search for a 'SOULMATE' can just wait for another time, I had to figure out this one man.

To be continued...