@ - 6

Word Count :- 1717

It was evening and still he was asleep, I let him sleep this late because by the looks of it he wasn't getting proper sleep till yesterday and now when he was asleep, it just didn't feel right for me to wake him up.

I was sitting out in my backyard (It's up in the media) facing the ocean, it just felt right here because it made me feel at home, I heard the door open and then close behind me but I didn't bother to look back.

He took his seat at my right side and still I didn't bother to pay him attention, "Hey..." An attempt to get my attention, which I didn't think was important to grant him with as my eyes took in the waves which were a good distraction.

"Can we talk...!!" He exclaimed which got my attention, it was his tone which did go up making me look at him with a serious look, realizing his mistake, "...Please" he added which made me nod, "Talk then Mr. Zander" I said looking back at the waves.

"I am hungry, can I have something to eat ?" He asked to which I rolled my eyes on, "This is what you wanted to talk about, that you are hungry...that's it ??" I questioned looking him in the eyes, "Yes...I guess, that's what people say when they are starving, don't they ??".

"Seriously Max, things happened last night..." And I was interrupted by him "I am aware of that, but please can I have something to eat, unless I have food in my stomach my computer won't work..." He said with his index finger pressed against his forehead, he is being so dramatic.

"Fine, follow me" I said as I got up from my seat and was about to walk in but was stopped when a hand slipped in mine, I eyed him with confusion but he never looked my way, he didn't even realize that I was staring, he wasn't in his own mind or was he now ?

With his hand in mine I walked inside my house, my dining table was in living room where I asked him to wait, "Sit here, I will serve you in a minute" that said I walked my way towards the kitchen, making him some meatball Spaghetti while I heard him yell "I am hungry" again, hate it when I am being rushed into something.

I walked out of the kitchen with plate in my hand, "Here..." That said I placed it down infront of him on the table, grabbing a fork he started eating and the way he was holding the fork, I am afraid he will hurt himself, "Can you slow down Max, be careful please" I tried but he had his own mind at work and besides that he was simply swallowing the food instead of chewing it while half of it was down on the table, I couldn't see him being so clumsy.

"Alright, that's enough...pass me the fork please, can you ?" I was trying to be polite as much as I could but his actions weren't helping me out by any means, shaking his head he continued eating and now till this point my patience was running out, I took a deep breath in trying to calm my nerves down, this is going to be hard, "Okay big boy, I am going to count till three, there will not be a four. Pass me the Fork or you will have serious consequences to face" I threatened him as I heard him say 'NO' which I ignored purposely.

"1..." Just after that I had the fork in my hand while his hands were up pressed against his cheeks and I saw him putting up a good show about how sad he was but that I ignored, I took my seat beside him as I first strated to cut the meatballs in half, he was not in his proper mind and I could say that by his actions, this was actually weird, him behaving like a kid is not something I imagined.

After when he finished I wiped his mouth with a napkin and he was free to go while I cleaned the table and washed the dishes before taking my seat on the sofa as I saw Maximus Zander watching cartoon on TV, he was lying down on the carpet with the TV remote on his stomach, it was then I realized that the conversation about what happened yesterday in his office would have to wait for now, I can't make him talk about that with the state of mind he was in, and I have no clue what was going on around, I was just trying to go with the flow.

The best thing to do now was to drop him home I thought, I was unsure about the idea but I was expecting someone and I don't want them to see Maximus here in my house, "Max, come on let's get you home sweetie" I said to which he didn't hear me at first, I stood up and walked my way across the living room to switch off the distraction and there goes my peace.

The moment that screen went black his crying started and let me tell you this I am not particularly well behaved with kids, I hate them and now I have a crying man who won't stop, there were several inappropriate ideas in my head to stop him from crying his eyes out, "Don't even think of applying any of those on that poor little soul Scarlett" a familiar voice spoke, hearing which my eyes searched for the source of it.

"Hello, sister mine" he said walking in and taking his seat on the sofa, "What are you doing here George ??" I asked with an irritated tone, "Well, I was invited here for dinner by you if I recall correctly" he said with a smirk, "Yes but here you are so early" I said with gritted teeth's, I don't mind his presence but the cries were just making me go insane and I wanted to take my anger out on someone.

"Can't I be early enough to have a good time with my sister ?" He asked which made me feel sad and I was soon reminded of another presence when he started crying vigorously.

"Hey hey hey...it's okay, you can watch your TV show honey..." I offered to which he shook his head disapprovingly, now what the hell does he wants...!!! I thought and I heard a laugh from my brothers side, I was aware of him being able to read my thoughts, giving him a cold stare I walked my way near Maximus, who now had tear stains across his cheeks, kneeling down I pulled him closer in my arms as he hugged me and it's then when I noticed that he was shivering, "What happened Max ?" I asked to which he started shaking his head "No go home" he said burying his face in my neck.

"Alright, okay, here listen to me honey, if you want to stay then so be it, no one will force you into doing what you don't want to Okay" I said to which he nodded, my fingers automatically found there way up in his hair, slowly caressing his scalp while my other arm was around him.

His actions suggested that something really very bad must have happened back there at his place, it's then he is afraid of going back and that explains why he used to spend his nights in the office, there was a lot going on with him but he decided to not tell anyone, "Baby look at me..." I said but he was too busy crying "Maximus Zander look up at me Sweetheart, I am here for you" I slowly made him look into my eyes as I decided to use my powers, I know it is inappropriate but I wanted to know what happened back there, I decided to look in the past through his eyes, which was hard, all I got was a glimpse of someone lashing him and asking him to beg for food, that's all I could see through his eyes, and now I was feeling like shit knowing that I used to wake him up every morning in his office and I was the one who saw him the most and still I failed to see him going through all of that, I should have at least tried to make him talk about that.

"George make yourself comfortable, I will join you in few minutes" that said I scooped the boy up in my arms and walked my way upstairs in my room, he was feeling sleepy and I could say that from his eyes, which he was trying to keep open but clearly he was failing to do so.

"Okay Champ, let's get you all Cleaned up first and then you can sleep, okay ??" I asked to which he nodded, I helped him down in the bathtub where I undressed him, it's then I saw his back which was badly bruised and so was his chest and stomach, some were old and also there were some fresh ones which I would say were two days old, also not to forget that he was starved intentionally by the same man who lashed him.

I started to fill the tub with Luke warm water which I am sure he was liking it but then he winced and that's when I noticed my fingers were pressed against his chest where he had a still fresh bruise, "I am Sorry, I am so so sorry...." I cooed as tears welled up in my eyes.

"It hurts mamma..." And it was no louder than a whisper but I heard it so loud and clear, "shhhh...it will be okay, I will make the pain go away in a moment" I said assuring him, I started giving him a bath, I tried as much as I could to be gentle and careful with his skin but whenever he was affected by the touch he would flinch but wouldn't utter a word stating how much pain he was in.

To be continued...