@ - 4

Word Count :- 835

Scarlett Cason

Weeks passed by turning them into months, everything was going well and when I say well it means with him giving orders and me following them, after the interview he never tried to have a conversation outside work, everything said in between us was strictly related to work which I didn't mind but as time passed his behavior started to change, it started with him staying back late in office and working all night, next morning I would see him passed out on the floor it has now been my duty every morning the first thing to do was wake him up and hear him getting angry on every simple thing and It had me on the verge to slap him this morning but then again his face had me go weak; Yes, to say the least, I was concerned about his well being, it's been a week since he is locked up in here, I never saw him leave his office and I am sure he stays here every night, there's something he is hiding which I am afraid is dangerous for himself.

His eyes no longer held the ocean in them and his face was slowly loosing the sharpness it held so deliberately before, his body was loosing all of the good muscles it had, his condition was getting weak while it was a surprise that the man was still standing and talking.

Hours passed by quickly and it was now time for me to leave as for this one last time I knocked on his door and didn't bother for him to reply as I walked on in his office, he stood there facing the world outside of his office.

"Are you okay, sir ?" I asked concerned about his state, slowly walking towards his desk and placing down the files on it and as usual he didn't reply as if my presence was invisible to him and that I took as my cue to leave and sighing I left his office, grabbing my bag I walked out of my Cubicle which was right beside his office.

Walking my way out of the building I noticed the security which was tripled now, there were guards everywhere with weapons and that actually confirmed the doubts up in my head, Maximus was in danger.

My thoughts were interrupted by a guard, "Ma'am please, no one is allowed to stand near the entrance" he said as I nodded "I am sorry, I was just searching for my wallet..." that said I walked my way towards my car, once inside I drove my way back home. (House is given above in the media)

It took me 5 minutes to reach home, I locked my car and got inside my house, my place was not big but it was cozy and there was Beach right behind my house which was a perk, I can go back home whenever I want.

I took a shower and got changed into PJs and a simple white baggy shirt, watched some Netflix and had dinner after that finally I reached my bed, working is seriously a big deal, I thought it wouldn't be that much of big thing but now when I am not allowed to use my power it certainly is a big deal, you have to do things on your own and to top it off your Cold Boss who is always so rude and a big Psychopath and right on cue my phone rang as I reached for it on the table beside my bed.

It was an unknown number which I didn't bother to pick up, I need my beauty sleep after all, whoever it is on phone can wait till tomorrow, I adjusted the comforter up on me as in a minute or two sleep slowly consumed me.

I was woken up by my cellphone blairring on the table, reaching out for it while my eyes were barely open and somehow I managed to press the accept icon, holding it up against my ear I walked back towards my bed and before I could lay my head down on my pillow a voice came in through the phone, it didn't take me another minute to realize who it was, I heard him Cry for help, it was Maximus Zander, my Boss, sleep was out of my mind and my eyes as I made my way out of my bedroom and down the stairs towards my kitchen table where I had my Key stand, "Max, Sweetheart stay right there I am coming..." I remember were my last words before I hung up and then I was out of my house and in my car, on my way towards his office.

Yes, I was worried to be honest I was loosing my mind just thinking of what must have happened to him, with all of those armed men outside his building still he was in a state of Shock and Horror.

To be continued...