Two

Nora's POV- July 2019

Last night, I agreed that while Chris was getting those tests run on him, I would head home to get a proper shower and eat breakfast. When I got home, Mary was halfway through making breakfast and Noel was setting the table.

"Morning"

I set my duffle bag on the floor and purse on the couch before making my way to them.

"Morning" I greeted.

Noel was closest, so I gave her a light squeeze before making my way over to Mary.

"Did you sleep well?"

I kissed her cheek and peaked over her shoulder to see what she was making.

"Not really, the nurses kept going into the room to check his vitals" I replied.

Fingers crossed Chris would be able to come home soon because my body was not taking the bed change (or lack of bed) well.

"How are you feeling?"

"My back hurts" I admitted.

From sleeping on a makeshift bed, but that's not what Noel wanted to know.

"I'm just thankful he knows who I am" I confessed.

But this was not about me, Chris' health came first.

"He's going to get his memories back, right?"

It was a hard hit, and he'd get SOME memory back not all.

"Well, that's what those exams are for" I replied.

I glanced at the time.

"What time are you two headed back to the hospital?" I wondered.

"Like an hour"

I had time.

"Okay, I'm going to shower and change," I said.

"You're going back with us?"

I nodded.

"Honey, stay and rest"

"I can rest at the hospital" I called out.

After my necessary long shower, I changed into some comfortable clothes and packed up some clean clothes up before making my way back to the living room. I set the duffle bag on the floor and took a seat next to Noel.

"Here you go, honey"

"Thank you," I told Mary as she placed a plate with pancakes, scrambled eggs, and bacon in front of me.

"Eat up"

As I cut up my pancake, Noel spoke up.

"Since you're coming with, does that mean you'll be sleeping in your own bed tonight?"

I shook my head earning a frown from her.

"I wouldn't sleep" I admitted.

At least at the hospital, I could hear Chris' heart rate. In the short time we had been living together, I had grown accustomed to him by my side. During the Dodgers first roadtrip, I didn't sleep much.

"How long do you think he's going to be in the hospital?"

"Couple of days" I replied.

"And you plan on staying there with him every single night?"

"Yes," I confirmed.

She pursed her lips and sighed.

"You and Chris are so goddamn stubborn"