Three

Nora's POV- July 2019

"I'll be right back, I need to take this call"

I nodded and watched as Mary made her way out of the room to answer the phone. Noel was currently at the closest drug store getting a shaving kit for her older brother.

"Nora"

"Yes?" I asked Chris.

"Come sit?"

I smiled as he tapped the spot next to him indicating he wanted me to sit on the bed.

"The last time I was that close to you, you puked on me" I teased.

That was actually how he greeted me when we all got here this morning. I had to thank my first year of residency for reacting to him throwing up on me. He freaked while I assured him it was okay.

"Sorry about that"

I stood up and made my way over. Once I was by the bed, I lowered the railing and climbed up on the bed.

"What do you want to talk about?" I asked him.

He took hold of my hand.

"It's not that I mind your company, but should you not be at work?"

"I can leave and come back later" I joked as I pulled my hand away from his hold.

"No"

I laughed as he took hold of my hand again.

"If you must know I have the day off," I told him.

He hummed as he looked down at our intertwined hands.

"What a shitty way to spend your off day"

"Well at least you're awake now" I noted.

My comment got him to crack a smile.

"That's true"

"When was the last time you ate?" I wondered.

He scrunched up his nose and leaned back against the bed.

"You have to eat" I pointed out.

"The nurse said the same thing, and I ended up throwing up on you"

"You threw up on me because you're not supposed to consume dairy" I stated.

His eyes widened.

"I'm lactose intolerant?"

I smiled and shook my head.

"No, it makes your stomach upset right now because you haven't had a proper meal in a while" I noted.

"So I have food restrictions?"

"At the moment" I answered.

He scrunched up his nose.

"Only for a couple of weeks" I assured him.

"Who's my nutritionist?"

"Josie" I answered.

He groaned.

"I'm going to starve"

I couldn't help but laugh at that comment. You see, players were sent to her when players needed to lose weight. They had recently started assigning players on the DL list to her to make sure they kept their weight.

"You'll be fine" I assured him.

Josie was one of the many nutritionists the Dodgers had under contract. She was the reason why Corey Seager was able to return after Tommy John and Hip surgery in the best shape of his life, but Chris didn't exactly know this.