Twenty Nine

Nora's POV- August 2019

Don't get me wrong, I was happy for Chris that his rehab assignment was over because it meant he had recovered from the injury he sustained. However, it sucked because I had grown used to having him around. I knew some of his memories had been forgotten, but there was no reason to live in the past. There were pictures and videos that held those memories, and he would be able to live them through that. Like he had said, we'd make more memories.

We'd been staying at a hotel in Rancho in order to avoid the hour or so drive back to our place. My parents (family) claimed the last time they had seen us had been long ago, so they were actually making the drive to cheer Chris on. 

"You need to get up," I told Chris.

Instead of sitting up, he buried his nose into his pillow.

"A few more minutes"

As I shifted on my back, I felt a light pressure on my lower abdomen. Chris and I had kept the pregnancy on the DL, but I'm sure people who suspect something when they noticed me having to excuse myself to the bathroom every hour or so. I scrambled out of bed, which in turn caused Chris to instantly sit up.

"You okay?"

"Yeah, I just have to pee" I called out.

He chuckled as I hurried into the bathroom. A couple of minutes later, Chris finally got up. I received a morning kiss once he had brushed his teeth.

"Ella texted us, they should be here in like 10 minutes"

It was time to change then. I had reserved myself to wearing dresses because it was what I felt comfortable wearing. It hid the barely-there baby bump. I had recently noticed that my pants felt snug in the waist area, and the blouses I wore to work were starting to fill up in the abdomen area. In no way was I worried, this was normal in pregnancies and I had no problem gaining weight, but I didn't want it to be obvious that I was pregnant. We needed to start telling our close friends and relatives or else my growing bump would.

"Do you think your family is here?"

There was a light knock on the door just as he finished asking that question.

"That's probably them" I stated.

He hummed and plopped back down on the bed.

"I've got a couple of minutes until I have to go"

I laughed and smacked his thigh before making my way to the door. Before I could fully open the door, Ella was already hugging me.

"I missed you"

Thankfully, she did not cling onto me like she normally did.

"Chris! My favorite brother in law"

I heard Chris' laugh as my dad pulled me into a hug. 

"I am your only brother in law"

He groaned likely due to Ella throwing herself at him.

"Making you my favorite by default"

I smiled up at my dad as he let go of me, and placed his hands on my shoulders to take a look at me.

"How are you feeling? I heard you've been dealing with morning sickness"

Mom somehow squeezed her way in between us and gave me a bear hug.

"I feel okay right now, but once I smell garlic fries I'll probably make a beeline to the bathroom" I stated.

Dad chuckled.

"That's hilarious considering how much garlic fries your mom ate when she was pregnant with you"