Twenty Four

Flashback - Nora's POV- January 2018

As much as I would have preferred to have gone to Fanfest, it had to be a no for me. Instead, I took Canoli for his much-needed vet visit and then came home to do laundry. After 3 hours, my laundry was clean, folded, and put away. Once dinner was in the oven, I quickly made my way upstairs to take a shower. My phone chimed a handful of times while I was in the shower, and it wasn't until I was out and dressed that I saw those texts were from Chris. Luckily for me, he had texted me as he was leaving Dodger Stadium so the doorbell rang just as I was looking at my phone. I made my way downstairs and picked up Canoli before unlocking the door and pulling it open.

"Hey" I greeted.

Chris smiled and stepped forward immediately leaning in for a kiss.

"Hi"

I accepted his kiss and then handed him Canoli before turning my attention to closing/locking the front door.

"It smells amazing in here"

"Just the roasted potatoes," I told him.

He nodded and glanced down at Canoli.

"It's nice to see you, Noli"

I smiled as Canoli lightly nudged Chris' chin. 

"How was Fanfest?" I asked.

"Pretty cool, it's nice to see the fans don't hate us after a terrible end of the season"

The Dodgers fell a game short to winning the World Series last fall.

"How was your day?"

"Spent doing laundry" I answered.

"Did you get it all done?"

"Folded and put away," I said.

"Nice"

He set Canoli down and then wrapped his arms around me.

"Steak, roasted potatoes, and some steamed veggies sound good?" I asked as I looked up at him.

A smile appeared on his handsome face.

"One more kiss, and then we can start prepping"

He tried to get more than a kiss, but I wiggled out of his grasp and made my way to the kitchen.

"Food first" I informed him.

"Then dessert?"

I laughed and glanced behind me at him.

"Perhaps" I replied.

It took us about an hour to cook our steaks, only because Chris kept getting handsy. We settled on the living room floor and used the coffee table to hold our food and drinks. 

"Yes?" I questioned when I caught him staring at me.

He smiled.

"You're wearing the earrings I got you for Christmas"

"I'm allowed to wear them for work" I noted.

He'd gotten me studs after all.

"So you've worn them to work?"

They had been on my ears since I put them on Christmas morning.

"Yeah, they make me look sophisticated," I told him.

He smiled and turned his attention to his food. 

"We haven't celebrated you getting into your top fellowship program choice"